Which Incentives Does Regulation Give to Adapt Network Infrastructure to Climate Change? - A German Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Yu & Michael G. Pollitt, 2009.
"Does Liberalisation cause more electricity blackouts? Evidence from a global study of newspaper reports,"
EPRG 0902, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Yu, W. & Pollitt, M.G., 2009. "Does Liberalisation cause more Electricity Blackouts? Evidence from a Global Study of Newspaper Reports," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0911, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:sen:journl:v:14:i:1:y:2013:p:22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stern,Nicholas, 2007. "The Economics of Climate Change," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521700801.
- William J. Baumol & Alvin K. Klevorick, 1970. "Input Choices and Rate-of Return Regulation: An Overview of the Discussion," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 1(2), pages 162-190, Autumn.
- Yu, William & Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2009. "Does weather explain cost and quality performance? An analysis of UK electricity distribution companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4177-4188, November.
- Witold J. Henisz, 2002. "The institutional environment for infrastructure investment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 355-389.
- Joskow Paul L., 2008. "Incentive Regulation and Its Application to Electricity Networks," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-14, December.
- Levy, Brian & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "The Institutional Foundations of Regulatory Commitment: A Comparative Analysis of Telecommunications Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 201-246, October.
- Thomas Nagel & Margarethe Rammerstorfer, 2009. "Modeling investment behavior under price cap regulation," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 17(2), pages 111-129, June.
- Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart, 1999. "Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-50, March.
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Working Paper Series 3851, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Cabral, Luis M B & Riordan, Michael H, 1989. "Incentives for Cost Reduction under Price Cap Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 93-102, June.
- Barry Smit & Ian Burton & Richard Klein & J. Wandel, 2000. "An Anatomy of Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 223-251, April.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1976. "Franchise Bidding for Natural Monopolies -- in General and with Respect to CATV," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 73-104, Spring.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & Smith, Joel B. & Tol, Richard S. J., 1999. "Weathering climate change: some simple rules to guide adaptation decisions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 67-78, July.
- Rahmatallah Poudineh & Tooraj Jamasb, 2013.
"Investment and Efficiency under Incentive Regulation: The Case of the Norwegian Electricity Distribution Networks,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1310, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rahmatallah Poudineh & Tooraj Jamasb, 2013. "Investment and Efficiency under Incentive Regulation: The Case of the Norwegian Electricity Distribution Networks," Working Papers EPRG 1306, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Witold Jerzy Henisz, 2004. "Political Institutions and Policy Volatility," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Ian M. Dobbs, 2004. "Intertemporal price cap regulation under uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 421-440, April.
- Mideksa, Torben K. & Kallbekken, Steffen, 2010. "The impact of climate change on the electricity market: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3579-3585, July.
- David Sappington, 2005. "Regulating Service Quality: A Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 123-154, November.
- Graeme Guthrie, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 925-972, December.
- Niesten, Eva, 2010. "Network investments and the integration of distributed generation: Regulatory recommendations for the Dutch electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4355-4362, August.
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Wetzel, Heike, 2012.
"Efficiency effects of observed and unobserved heterogeneity: Evidence from Norwegian electricity distribution networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 542-548.
- Growitsch, C. & Jamasb, T. & Wetzel, H., 2010. "Efficiency Effects of Quality of Service and Environmental Factors: Experience from Norwegian Electricity Distribution," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1050, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Wetzel, Heike, 2010. "Efficiency effects of quality of service and environmental factors: experience from Norwegian electricity distribution," EWI Working Papers 2010-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Christian Growitsch & Tooraj Jamasb & Heike Wetzel, 2010. "Efficiency Effects of Quality of Service and Environmental Factors: Experience from Norwegian Electricity Distribution," Working Papers EPRG 1025, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Pereira de Lucena, André Frossard & Moreira Cesar Borba, Bruno Soares & Pupo Nogueira, Larissa Pinheiro & Fleming, Fernanda Pereira & Troccoli, Alberto & , 2012. "Energy sector vulnerability to climate change: A review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Heuson, Clemens & Gawel, Erik & Gebhardt, Oliver & Hansjürgens, Bernd & Lehmann, Paul & Meyer, Volker & Schwarze, Reimund, 2012. "Fundamental questions on the economics of climate adaptation: Outlines of a new research programme," UFZ Reports 05/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Pfeifenberger, Johannes P & Tye, William B, 1995. "Handle with care : A primer on incentive regulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 769-779, September.
- Pekka Korhonen & Mikko Syrjänen, 2003. "Evaluation of Cost Efficiency in Finnish Electricity Distribution," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 105-122, July.
- Nykamp, Stefan & Andor, Mark & Hurink, Johann L., 2012. "‘Standard’ incentive regulation hinders the integration of renewable energy generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 222-237.
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2010. "Incentive regulation and investment: evidence from European energy utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 1-26, August.
- Victor P. Goldberg, 1976. "Regulation and Administered Contracts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(2), pages 426-448, Autumn.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity Networks; Regulation; Climate Change; Germany;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-06-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2014-06-07 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-06-07 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2014-06-07 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2014-06-07 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:old:dpaper:365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catharina Schramm). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwoldde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.