The Effects of Offshore Assembly on Industry Location: Evidence from U.S. Border Cities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1997. "The Effects of Offshore Assembly on Industry Location: Evidence from U.S. Border Cities," NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of U.S. Trade Protection and Promotion Policies, pages 297-322 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2001.
"U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border-City Pairs,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 259-287, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1996. "U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border- City Pairs," NBER Working Papers 5425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi & Hausman, Jerry A., 1986. "Errors in variables in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 93-118, February.
- Brown, Drusilla K & Deardorff, Alan V & Stern, Robert M, 1992. "North American Integration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1507-1518, November.
- Grossman, Gene M., 1982. "Offshore assembly provisions and the structure of protection," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 301-312, May.
- Finger, J M, 1976. "Trade and Domestic Effects of the Offshore Assembly Provision in the U.S. Tariff," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 598-611, September.
- repec:fth:michin:312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mendez, JoseA., 1993. "The welfare effects of repealing the U.S. Offshore Assembly Provision," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 1-22, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson & Deborah L. Swenson, 2000.
"Offshore Assembly from the United States: Production Characteristics of the 9802 Program,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Impact of International Trade on Wages, pages 85-125
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson & Deborah L. Swenson, "undated". "Offshore Assembly From The United States: Production Characteristics Of The 9802 Program," Department of Economics 98-10, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Deborah Swenson & Robert Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 2003. "Offshore Assembly From The United States: Production Characteristics Of The 9802 Program," Working Papers 9810, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Deborah Swenson, 2005. "Outsourcing Price Decisions: Evidence from U.S. 9802 Imports," NBER Working Papers 11184, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Swenson, Deborah L., 2005. "Overseas assembly and country sourcing choices," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 107-130, May.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1998.
"North American Economic Integration and Industry Location,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 30-44, Summer.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1998. "North American Economic Integration and Industry Location," NBER Working Papers 6587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, Dirk, 1999. "Der Einfluß der Grenznähe auf die Standortwahl von Unternehmen: Eine theoretische Analyse und empirische Befunde für Ostdeutschland," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-18, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Timothy C. Ford & Brian Logan & Jennifer Logan, 2009. "NAFTA or Nada? Trade's Impact on U.S. Border Retailers," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 260-286.
- Mine Zeynep Senses, 2006. "The Effects of Outsourcing on the Elasticity of Labor Demand," Working Papers 06-07, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Holmes, Peter & Lopez-Gonzalez, Javier, 2011. "The Nature and Evolution of Vertical Specialisation: What is the Role of Preferential Trade Agreements?," Papers 222, World Trade Institute.
More about this item
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.