The Political Economy of Mexico's Entry to NAFTA
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aaron Tornell & Gerardo Esquivel Hernández, 1997. "The Political Economy of Mexico's Entry into NAFTA," NBER Chapters,in: Regionalism versus Multilateral Trade Arrangements, NBER-EASE Volume 6, pages 25-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- S Van Wijnbergen & Anthony J. Venables, 1993. "Location Choice," CEP Discussion Papers dp0177, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tybout, James R. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 1995. "Trade liberalization and the dimensions of efficiency change in Mexican manufacturing industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 53-78, August.
- Aaron Tornell, 1995. "Are Economic Crises Necessary for Trade Liberalization and Fiscal Reform? The Mexican Experience," NBER Chapters,in: Reform, Recovery, and Growth: Latin America and the Middle East, pages 53-76 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sachs, Jeffrey & Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 1995.
"The Collapse of the Mexican Peso: What Have We Learned?,"
95-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Aaron Tornell & Andres Velasco, 1995. "The Collapse of the Mexican Peso: What Have We Learned?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1724, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Aaron Tornell & Andres Velasco, 1995. "The Collapse of the Mexican Peso: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 5142, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arturo Fernandez, 1995. "Deregulation as a Source of Growth in Mexico," NBER Chapters,in: Reform, Recovery, and Growth: Latin America and the Middle East, pages 311-342 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Berry & Vittorio Grilli & F. Lopez-de-Silanes, 1992. "The Automobile Industry and The Mexico-Us Free Trade Agreement," NBER Working Papers 4152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Escobar Gamboa, Octavio Romano, 2009. "IDE entrants, exportations et productivité manufacturière : les différentes performances des régions mexicaines," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/3850 edited by Guillochon, Bernard.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2011.
"The Dynamics of Income Inequality in Mexico since NAFTA,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2011), pages 155-188, August.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2010. "The dynamics of income inequality in Mexico since NAFTA," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2010-09, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Florencia Torche & Luis F. Lopez-Calva, 2013.
"Stability and Vulnerability of the Latin American Middle Class,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 409-435, December.
- Torche, Florencia & López-Calva, Luis F., 2012. "Stability and Vulnerability of the Latin American Middle Class," WIDER Working Paper Series 098, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Antonis Adam & Thomas Moutos, 2002. "The Political Economy of EU Enlargement: Or, Why Japan is not a Candidate Country?," CESifo Working Paper Series 704, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aaron Tornell & Frank Westermann & Lorenza Martinez, 2004. "NAFTA and Mexico's Less-Than-Stellar Performance," NBER Working Papers 10289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iacovone, Leonardo, 2012.
"The better you are the stronger it makes you: Evidence on the asymmetric impact of liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 474-485.
- Iacovone, Leonardo, 2009. "The better you are the stronger it makes you : evidence on the asymmetric impact of liberalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4930, The World Bank.
- Andreas Waldkirch, 2010.
"The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment in Mexico since NAFTA,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5), pages 710-745, May.
- Waldkirch, Andreas, 2008. "The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment in Mexico since NAFTA," MPRA Paper 7975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Édgard Moncayo Jiménez, 2006. "Relaciones entre democracia y desarrollo en los países andinos. Una reflexión desde la economía política," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(14), pages 167-190, January-J.
- Waldkirch, Andreas, 2006.
"The ‘New Regionalism’: Integration as a Commitment Device for Developing Countries,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 21, pages 397-425.
- Andreas Waldkirch, 2004. "The 'New Regionalism': Integration as a Commitment Device for Developing Countries," International Trade 0412004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerardo Esquivel & Graciela Márquez, 2007. "Some Economic Effects of Closing the Economy: The Mexican Experience in the Mid-Twentieth Century," NBER Chapters,in: The Decline of Latin American Economies: Growth, Institutions, and Crises, pages 333-362 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esquivel, Gerardo & Rodriguez-Lopez, Jose Antonio, 2003. "Technology, trade, and wage inequality in Mexico before and after NAFTA," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 543-565, December.
- Aaron Tornell, 1998. "Reform from Within," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1827, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Aghion, Edouard, 2011. "NAFTA and its Impact on Mexico," MPRA Paper 36529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ayhan Kose & Christopher M Towe & Guy M Meredith, 2004. "How Has Nafta Affected the Mexican Economy? Review and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 04/59, International Monetary Fund.
- Atolia, Manoj & Kurokawa, Yoshinori, 2016. "The impact of trade margins on the skill premium: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 895-915.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Octavio Escobar, 2011. "The location pattern of FDI in Mexico after NAFTA," ERSA conference papers ersa10p804, European Regional Science Association.
- Aaron Tornell & Frank Westermann & Lorenza Martínez, 2004. "NAFTA and Mexico's Economic Performance," CESifo Working Paper Series 1155, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aaron Tornell, 2003. "Liberalization, Growth and Financial Crises (October 2003)," UCLA Economics Online Papers 276, UCLA Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.