Macroeconomic Stabilization in Latin America: Recent Experience and Some Sequencing Issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "Moderate Inflation," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1991. "Credibility and Stabilization," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 837-850.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1978. "On the Time Consistency of Optimal Policy in a Monetary Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1411-1428, November.
- Corbo, Vittorio & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1991.
"Public policies and saving in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 89-115, July.
- Corbo, Vittorio & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1991. "Public policies and saving in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 574, The World Bank.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Cochrane, John H, 1988. "How Big Is the Random Walk in GNP?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 893-920, October.
- Boskin, Michael J, 1978. "Taxation, Saving, and the Rate of Interest," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(2), pages 3-27, April.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1986. "Issues in Medium-term Macroeconomic Adjustment," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 163-182, July.
- Edwards, Sebastian & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1986. "The Welfare Effects of Trade and Capital Market Liberalization," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 141-148, February.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Does public capital crowd out private capital?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-188, September.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1985. "Observations on the Chilean Economy, 1973-1983," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(3), pages 451-462, April.
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1983. "The interest elasticity of savings in developing countries: The existing evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(7), pages 601-607, July.
- Robert P. Flood & Peter Isard, 1989. "Monetary Policy Strategies," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(3), pages 612-632, September.
- Friedman, Milton, 1971. "Government Revenue from Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 846-856, July-Aug..
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
- Michael J. Boskin, 1978. "Taxation, Saving, and the Rate of Interest," NBER Chapters,in: Research in Taxation, pages 3-27 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ibarra, Alonso Aguilar & Reid, Chris & Thorpe, Andy, 2000. "Neo-liberalism and its impact on overfishing and overcapitalisation in the marine fisheries of Chile, Mexico and Peru," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 599-622, October.
- Carlos Arteta & Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 2001.
"When Does Capital Account Liberalization Help More than It Hurts?,"
NBER Working Papers
8414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arteta, Carlos & Eichengreen, Barry & Wyplosz, Charles, 2001. "When Does Capital Account Liberalization Help More Than it Hurts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & Christian Volpe Martincus, 2006. "Specialization and Diverging Manufacturing Structures: The Aftermath of Trade Policy Reforms in Developing Countries," Development Working Papers 220, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Carl Grekou, 2014. "On the effectiveness of devaluations in emerging and developing countries," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-61, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Anoop Singh & Martin D. Cerisola, 2006. "Sustaining Latin America's Resurgence; Some Historical Perspectives," IMF Working Papers 06/252, International Monetary Fund.
- Cardenas, Mauricio & Barrera, Felipe, 1997. "On the effectiveness of capital controls: The experience of Colombia during the 1990s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 27-57, October.
- Lundström, Susanna, 2003. "Effects of Economic Freedom on Growth and the Environment - Implications for Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 115, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Gustavo Márquez & Carmen Pagés, 1997.
"Trade and Employment: Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6064, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Gustavo Márquez, 1998. "Trade and Employment: Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," Research Department Publications 4108, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Gustavo Márquez, 1998. "Comercio y empleo: elementos de juicio de América Latina y el Caribe," Research Department Publications 4109, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Antoni Estevadeordal, 2009. "Trade policy and specialization in developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(2), pages 251-275, July.
- Arbache, Jorge Saba, 2004. "Do Structural Reforms always Succeed? Lessons from Brazil," WIDER Working Paper Series 058, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .