Some Empirical Evidence on Hysteresis in Aggregate US Import Prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1988. "Hyteresis in Import Prices: The Beachhead Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 773-785, September.
- Feinberg, Robert M, 1989. "The Effects of Foreign Exchange Movements on U.S. Domestic Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 505-511, August.
- Charles Bean, 1988.
"Sterling Misalignment and British Trade Performance,"
NBER Chapters,in: Misalignment of Exchange Rates: Effects on Trade and Industry, pages 39-76
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bean, Charles R, 1987. "Sterling Misalignment and British Trade Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1990. "Hysteresis in Trade," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 127-142.
- Paul R. Krugman & Richard E. Baldwin, 1987. "The Persistence of the U.S. Trade Deficit," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(1), pages 1-56.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1986. "Prices, profit margins, and exchange rates," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jun, pages 366-379.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Baldwin & Richard K. Lyons, 1988. "The Mutual Amplification Effect of Exchange Rate Volatility and Unresponsive Trade Prices," NBER Working Papers 2677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1991.
"Structural Change And Prospects For Sustained Improvement In U.S. External Balance,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(2), pages 50-58, April.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1991. "Structural Change And Prospects For Sustained Improvement In U.S. External Balance," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(1), pages 50-58, January.
- Manitra Rakotoarisoa, "undated". "Explaining Durations in Country Investment Ratings: A Competing Risk Model with Random-Effects," EcoMod2007 23900074, EcoMod.
- Richard C. Marston, 1989. "Pricing to Market in Japanese Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 2905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T.N. Srinivasan & Vani Archana, 2010. "India in the Global and Regional Trade: Determinants of Aggregate and Bilateral Trade Flows and Firmsâ€™ Decision to Export," Working Papers id:2881, eSocialSciences.
- Francisco Ledesma & Manuel Navarro & Jorge Perez & Simón Sosvilla, 1998. "Purchasing power parity and uncovered interest parity: The Spanish case," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 4(4), pages 335-348, November.
- Patricia S. Pollard & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2004. "Size matters: asymmetric exchange rate pass-through at the industry level," Working Papers 2003-029, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carlo Gola, 2000. "Export pricing strategy of Italian firms: from the depreciation of the lira to the euro," LIUC Papers in Economics 77, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:4:y:1998:i:4:p:335-348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Ducos & François Lecointe, 1990. "Effets d'hystérésis sur le commerce extérieur américain," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 94(3), pages 79-93.
- David Ansic & Geoffrey Pugh, "undated". "An experimental test of trade hysteresis: market exit and entry decisions in the presence of sunk costs and exchange rate uncertainty," Working Papers 002, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Jacqueline Dwyer & Christopher Kent & Andrew Pease, 1993. "Exchange Rate Pass-through: The Different Responses of Importers and Exporters," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9304, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Ansic & Geoffrey Pugh, 1999. "An experimental test of trade hysteresis: market exit and entry decisions in the presence of sunk costs and exchange rate uncertainty," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 427-436.
- Bown, Chad & Porto, Guido, 2010. "Exporters in Developing Countries: Adjustment to Foreign Market Access after a Trade Policy Shock," Papers 88, World Trade Institute.
- Ramon Moreno, 1991. "Explaining the U.S. export boom," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 39-52.
- I. Agur, 2003. "Trade-volume hysteresis: an investigation using aggregate data," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 740, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.