Some Simple Bitcoin Economics
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilko Bolt & Maarten van Oordt, 2016. "On the Value of Virtual Currencies," Staff Working Papers 16-42, Bank of Canada.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005.
"A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Working Papers (Old Series) 0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Staff Report 346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Simon Trimborn & Wolfgang Karl Härdle, 2015. "CRIX or evaluating Blockchain based currencies," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-048, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Badev, Anton & Chen, Matthew, 2014. "Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-104, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Beat Weber, 2016. "Bitcoin and the legitimacy crisis of money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 17-41.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:32:y:2019:i:5:p:1798-1853. is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Chiu & Mohammad Davoodalhosseini & Janet Hua Jiang & Yu Zhu, 2019. "Central Bank Digital Currency and Banking," Staff Working Papers 19-20, Bank of Canada.
- repec:bla:ausecr:v:51:y:2018:i:4:p:540-550 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:svrwjg:201819 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benigno, Pierpaolo, 2019. "Monetary Policy in a World of Cryptocurrencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13517, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Biais & Albert Menkveld & Catherine Casamatta & Christophe Bisière & Matthieu Bouvard, 2019. "Equilibrium Bitcoin Pricing," 2019 Meeting Papers 360, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Joseph Abadi & Markus Brunnermeier, 2018. "Blockchain Economics," NBER Working Papers 25407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yu Zhu & Scott Hendry, 2019. "A Framework for Analyzing Monetary Policy in an Economy with E-money," Staff Working Papers 19-1, Bank of Canada.
- Auer, Raphael, 2019.
"Beyond the Doomsday Economics of “Proof-of-Work” in Cryptocurrencies,"
Globalization Institute Working Papers
355, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Raphael Auer, 2019. "Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies," BIS Working Papers 765, Bank for International Settlements.
- Auer, Raphael, 2019. "Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13506, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Brauneis & Roland Mestel & Ryan Riordan & Erik Theissen, 2018. "A High-Frequency Analysis of Bitcoin Markets," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2018-06, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:61:y:2019:i:c:p:37-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emanuele Borgonovo & Stefano Caselli & Alessandra Cillo & Donato Masciandaro & Giovanno Rabitti, 2018. "Cryptocurrencies, central bank digital cash, traditional money: does privacy matter?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1895, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:50:y:2019:i:c:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yukun Liu & Aleh Tsyvinski, 2018. "Risks and Returns of Cryptocurrency," NBER Working Papers 24877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Chiu & Janet Hua Jiang & Seyed Mohammadreza Davoodalhosseini & Yu Zhu, 2019. "Central Bank Digital Currency and Banking," 2019 Meeting Papers 862, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Carlo Gola & Andrea Caponera, 2019. "Policy issues on crypto-assets," LIUC Papers in Economics 2019-7, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Silvia Bartolucci & Andrei Kirilenko, 2019. "A Model of the Optimal Selection of Crypto Assets," Papers 1906.09632, arXiv.org.
- Kang, Kee-Youn, 2019. "Cryptocurrency, Delivery Lag, and Double Spending History," MPRA Paper 93598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biais, Bruno & Bisière, Christophe & Bouvard, Matthieu & Casamatta, Catherine & Menkveld, Albert J., 2018. "Equilibrium Bitcoin Pricing," TSE Working Papers 18-973, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Anil Savio Kavuri & Alistair Milne, 2019. "FinTech and the future of financial services: What are the research gaps?," CAMA Working Papers 2019-18, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2018-05-07 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2018-05-07 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2018-05-07 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:24483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .