The great illusion of digital currencies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Bordes & Laurent Clerc, 2007.
"Price Stability And The Ecb'S Monetary Policy Strategy,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 268-326, April.
- Bordes, C. & Clerc, L., 2004. "Price Stability and The ECB's Monetary Policy Strategy," Working papers 109, Banque de France.
- Christian Bordes & Laurent Clerc, 2007. "Price Stability and the ECB'S monetary policy strategy," Post-Print hal-00308557, HAL.
- Christian Bordes & Laurent Clerc, 2007. "Price Stability and the ECB'S monetary policy strategy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00308557, HAL.
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob & Moalleni, Ciamac, 2017.
"Monopoly Without a Monopolist: An Economic Analysis of the Bitcoin Payment System,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob D. & Moallemi, Ciamac, 2017. "Monopoly without a monopolist : An economic analysis of the bitcoin payment system," Research Discussion Papers 27/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Joshua R. Hendrickson & Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2016. "The Political Economy Of Bitcoin," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(2), pages 925-939, April.
- Alvaro Angeriz & Philip Arestis, 2007. "Monetary policy in the UK," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(6), pages 863-884, November.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Bouri, Elie & Gupta, Rangan & Roubaud, David, 2017.
"Can volume predict Bitcoin returns and volatility? A quantiles-based approach,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 74-81.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & David Roubaud, 2017. "Can volume predict Bitcoin returns and volatility? A quantiles-based approach," Post-Print hal-02008551, HAL.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 24(Win), pages 14-23.
- Morten Linnemann Bech & Rodney Garratt, 2017. "Central bank cryptocurrencies," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Cheah, Eng-Tuck & Fry, John, 2015. "Speculative bubbles in Bitcoin markets? An empirical investigation into the fundamental value of Bitcoin," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 32-36.
- Michel Rauchs & Garrick Hileman, 2017. "Global Cryptocurrency Benchmarking Study," Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance Reports, Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, number 201704-gcbs.
- Anton Badev & Matthew Chen, 2014. "Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-104, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rainer Böhme & Nicolas Christin & Benjamin Edelman & Tyler Moore, 2015. "Bitcoin: Economics, Technology, and Governance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 213-238, Spring.
- Esselink, Henk & Gijsel, Lola Hernandez-van, 2017. "The use of cash by households in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 201, European Central Bank.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997.
"Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 97-116, Spring.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997. "Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dwyer, Gerald P., 2015. "The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 81-91.
- Adrian (Wai-Kong) Cheung & Eduardo Roca & Jen-Je Su, 2015. "Crypto-currency bubbles: an application of the Phillips-Shi-Yu (2013) methodology on Mt. Gox bitcoin prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(23), pages 2348-2358, May.
- Sean Foley & Jonathan R Karlsen & Tālis J Putniņš, 2019. "Sex, Drugs, and Bitcoin: How Much Illegal Activity Is Financed through Cryptocurrencies?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 32(5), pages 1798-1853.
- Grym, Aleksi & Heikkinen, Päivi & Kauko, Karlo & Takala, Kari, 2017. "Central bank digital currency," BoF Economics Review 5/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H, 1971. "The Uses of Money: Money in the Theory of an Exchange Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 784-805, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helmut Stix, 2021.
"Ownership and purchase intention of crypto-assets: survey results,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-99, February.
- Helmut Stix, 2019. "Ownership and purchase intention of crypto-assets – survey results," Working Papers 226, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Paul Pichler & Martin Summer & Beat Weber, 2020. "Does digitalization require Central Bank Digital Currencies for the general public?," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q4/19, pages 40-56.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Flori, Andrea, 2019. "News and subjective beliefs: A Bayesian approach to Bitcoin investments," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 336-356.
- Hu, Yang & Hou, Yang (Greg) & Oxley, Les & Corbet, Shaen, 2021. "Does blockchain patent-development influence Bitcoin risk?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Anil Savio Kavuri & Alistair Milne, 2019. "FinTech and the future of financial services: What are the research gaps?," CAMA Working Papers 2019-18, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Katsiampa, Paraskevi, 2019. "An empirical investigation of volatility dynamics in the cryptocurrency market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 322-335.
- Parthajit Kayal & Purnima Rohilla, 2021. "Bitcoin in the economics and finance literature: a survey," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 1(7), pages 1-21, July.
- Greg W. Hunter & Craig Kerr, 2019. "Virtual Money Illusion and the Fundamental Value of Non-Fiat Anonymous Digital Payment Methods," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(2), pages 151-164, May.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & Ignasi Merediz‐Solà, 2021.
"Where Do We Stand In Cryptocurrencies Economic Research? A Survey Based On Hybrid Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 377-407, April.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & Ignasi Merediz-Sol`a, 2020. "Where do we stand in cryptocurrencies economic research? A survey based on hybrid analysis," Papers 2003.09723, arXiv.org.
- Aniruddha Dutta & Saket Kumar & Meheli Basu, 2020. "A Gated Recurrent Unit Approach to Bitcoin Price Prediction," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-16, February.
- Wilko Bolt & Maarten R.C. Van Oordt, 2020. "On the Value of Virtual Currencies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 52(4), pages 835-862, June.
- Helder Sebastião & Pedro Godinho, 2021. "Forecasting and trading cryptocurrencies with machine learning under changing market conditions," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 7(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Carlo Gola & Andrea Caponera, 2019. "Policy issues on crypto-assets," LIUC Papers in Economics 2019-7, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Symitsi, Efthymia & Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J., 2019. "The economic value of Bitcoin: A portfolio analysis of currencies, gold, oil and stocks," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 97-110.
- Ed Saiedi & Anders Broström & Felipe Ruiz, 2021. "Global drivers of cryptocurrency infrastructure adoption," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 353-406, June.
- Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian & Urquhart, Andrew & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies as a financial asset: A systematic analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 182-199.
- Andrea Flori, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies In Finance: Review And Applications," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(05), pages 1-22, August.
- Donato Masciandaro, 2018. "Central Bank Digital Cash and Cryptocurrencies: Insights from a New Baumol–Friedman Demand for Money," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 51(4), pages 540-550, December.
- Christie Smith & Aaron Kumar, 2018.
"Crypto‐Currencies – An Introduction To Not‐So‐Funny Moneys,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(5), pages 1531-1559, December.
- Aaron Kumar & Christie Smith, 2017. "Crypto-currencies – An introduction to not-so-funny moneys," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series AN2017/07, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Raphael Auer, 2019.
"Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies,"
BIS Working Papers
765, Bank for International Settlements.
- Raphael Auer, 2019. "Beyond the Doomsday Economics of “Proof-of-Work” in Cryptocurrencies," Globalization Institute Working Papers 355, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Auer, Raphael, 2019. "Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13506, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dyhrberg, Anne H. & Foley, Sean & Svec, Jiri, 2018. "How investible is Bitcoin? Analyzing the liquidity and transaction costs of Bitcoin markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 140-143.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Woo-Young Kang, 2020. "Bitcoin Price Co-Movements and Culture," CESifo Working Paper Series 8076, CESifo.
More about this item
Keywordsvirtuaalivaluutta; kryptovaluutta; elektroninen raha;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bofecr:12018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bofgvfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bofgvfi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.