Monopoly without a monopolist : An economic analysis of the bitcoin payment system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua S. Gans & Hanna Halaburda, 2015. "Some Economics of Private Digital Currency," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 257-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Catalini & Joshua S. Gans, 2016. "Some Simple Economics of the Blockchain," NBER Working Papers 22952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014.
"Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market,"
14-17, NET Institute.
- Gandal, Neil & Halaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 10157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- David Yermack, 2013. "Is Bitcoin a Real Currency? An economic appraisal," NBER Working Papers 19747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-781, August.
- Chiu, Jonathan & Koeppl, Thorsten V, 2017. "The economics of cryptocurrencies â€“ bitcoin and beyond," Working Paper Series 6688, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Chiu & Thorsten Koeppl, 2018. "Blockchain-Based Settlement for Asset Trading," Staff Working Papers 18-45, Bank of Canada.
- Abadi, Joseph & Brunnermeier, Markus K, 2018. "Blockchain Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 13420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:reecon:v:72:y:2018:i:2:p:171-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frame, W. Scott & Wall, Larry D. & White, Lawrence J., 2018.
"Technological Change and Financial Innovation in Banking: Some Implications for Fintech,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2018-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- W. Scott Frame & Larry Wall & Lawrence J. White, 2018. "Technological Change and Financial Innovation in Banking: Some Implications for FinTech," Working Papers 18-28, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- repec:bis:bisqtr:1809f is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Ferreira & Jin Li & Radoslawa Nikolowa, 2019. "Corporate Capture of Blockchain Governance," Working Papers 880, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Emanuele Borgonovo & Stefano Caselli & Alessandra Cillo & Donato Masciandaro, 2018. "Between Cash, Deposit And Bitcoin: Would We Like A Central Bank Digital Currency? Money Demand And Experimental Economics," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1875, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Auer, Raphael, 2019.
"Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
13506, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raphael Auer, 2019. "Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies," BIS Working Papers 765, Bank for International Settlements.
- Hosain, Md Sajjad, 2018. "Bitcoin: Future transaction currency?," MPRA Paper 87588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin William Cong & Zhiguo He, 2018. "Blockchain Disruption and Smart Contracts," NBER Working Papers 24399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Canidio, Andrea, 2018. "Financial incentives for open source development: the case of Blockchain," MPRA Paper 85352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:fru:finjrn:180510:p:120-129 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-IND-2017-09-17 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2017-09-17 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PAY-2017-09-17 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofrdp:2017_027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofgvfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.