Beyond the Doomsday Economics of “Proof-of-Work” in Cryptocurrencies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Auer, Raphael, 2019. "Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13506, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raphael Auer, 2019. "Beyond the doomsday economics of "proof-of-work" in cryptocurrencies," BIS Working Papers 765, Bank for International Settlements.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob & Moalleni, Ciamac, 2017.
"Monopoly Without a Monopolist: An Economic Analysis of the Bitcoin Payment System,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob D. & Moallemi, Ciamac, 2017. "Monopoly without a monopolist : An economic analysis of the bitcoin payment system," Research Discussion Papers 27/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Daniel Sanches, 2016.
"Can Currency Competition Work?,"
NBER Working Papers
22157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Daniel Sanches, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," PIER Working Paper Archive 16-008, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 03 Apr 2016.
- Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus & Sanches, Daniel R., 2016. "Can currency competition work?," Working Papers 16-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Sanches, Daniel, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph Abadi & Markus Brunnermeier, 2018. "Blockchain Economics," NBER Working Papers 25407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bis:bisqtr:1709f is not listed on IDEAS
- Schilling, Linda & Uhlig, Harald, 2018. "Some simple Bitcoin Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 12831, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Isabel Schnabel & Hyun Song Shin, 2018. "Money and trust: lessons from the 1620s for money in the digital age," BIS Working Papers 698, Bank for International Settlements.
- Eric Budish, 2018. "The Economic Limits of Bitcoin and the Blockchain," NBER Working Papers 24717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bis:bisqtr:1809f is not listed on IDEAS
- Curzio Giannini, 2011. "The Age of Central Banks," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14371.
- Rainer Böhme & Nicolas Christin & Benjamin Edelman & Tyler Moore, 2015. "Bitcoin: Economics, Technology, and Governance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 213-238, Spring.
- Athey, Susan & Parashkevov, Ivo & Sarukkai, Vishnu & Xia, Jing, 2016. "Bitcoin Pricing, Adoption, and Usage: Theory and Evidence," Research Papers 3469, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:32:y:2019:i:5:p:1798-1853. is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordscryptocurrencies; crypto-assets; digital currencies; blockchain; proof-of-work; proof-of-stake; distributed ledger technology; consensus; bitcoin; ethereum; money; digitalisation; finance; history of money;
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ICT-2019-04-22 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-MAC-2019-04-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-04-22 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2019-04-22 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddgw:355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.