Outside Options, Coercion, and Wages: Removing the Sugar Coating
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bobonis, Gustavo J. & Morrow, Peter M., 2014. "Labor coercion and the accumulation of human capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 32-53.
- ., 2012. "A brief historical geography of capitalism," Chapters,in: A World in Emergence, chapter 1, pages 1-14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:wly:japmet:v:32:y:2017:i:2:p:233-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naritomi, Joana & Soares, Rodrigo R. & Assunção, Juliano J., 2012.
"Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(02), pages 393-422, June.
- Joana Narotomi & Rodrigo Soares & Juliano J. Assunção, 2009. "Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil," Textos para discussão 561, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Naritomi, Joana & Soares, Rodrigo R. & Assunção, Juliano J., 2009. "Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil," IZA Discussion Papers 4276, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001. "Globalization and History: The Evolution of a Nineteenth-Century Atlantic Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650592, March.
- ., 2012. "An historic turning point," Chapters,in: The Age of Austerity, chapter 1, pages 1-20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- James G. Mackinnon & Matthew D. Webb, 2017.
"Wild Bootstrap Inference for Wildly Different Cluster Sizes,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 233-254, March.
- James G. MacKinnon & Matthew D. Webb, 2015. "Wild Bootstrap Inference for Wildly Different Cluster Sizes," Working Papers 1314, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Grundke, Robert, 2016.
"Coerced Labor in the Cotton Sector: How Global Commodity Prices (Don't) Transmit to the Poor,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9971, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander M. Danzer & Robert Grundke, 2016. "Coerced Labor in the Cotton Sector: How Global Commodity Prices (Don't) Transmit to the Poor," CESifo Working Paper Series 5937, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jean-Paul Carvalho & Christian Dippel, 2016. "Elite Identity and Political Accountability: A Tale of Ten Islands," NBER Working Papers 22777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dippel, Christian, 2015. "Foreign aid and voting in international organizations: Evidence from the IWC," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 1-12.
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- N26 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:20958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .