Effects of Venue-Specific State Clean Indoor Air Laws on Smoking-Related Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marianne P. Bitler & Christopher S. Carpenter & Madeline Zavodny, 2010. "Effects of venue‐specific state clean indoor air laws on smoking‐related outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(12), pages 1425-1440, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip DeCicca & Donald Kenkel & Alan Mathios & Yoon-Jeong Shin & Jae-Young Lim, 2008.
"Youth smoking, cigarette prices, and anti-smoking sentiment,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 733-749.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Alan D. Mathios & Yoon-Jeong Shin & Jae-Young Lim, 2006. "Youth Smoking, Cigarette Prices, and Anti-Smoking Sentiment," NBER Working Papers 12458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Ayda A. Yurekli & Ping Zhang, 2000. "The impact of clean indoor-air laws and cigarette smuggling on demand for cigarettes: an empirical model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 159-170.
- Lovenheim, Michael F., 2008.
"How Far to the Border?: The Extent and Impact of Cross-Border Casual Cigarette Smuggling,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(1), pages 7-33, March.
- Michael F. Lovenheim, 2007. "How Far to the Border?: The Extent and Impact of Cross-Border Casual Cigarette Smuggling," Discussion Papers 06-040, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, revised Oct 2009.
- Jerome Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2005.
"The effects of taxes and bans on passive smoking,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP20/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2006. "The Effect of Taxes and Bans on Passive Smoking," CEPR Discussion Papers 509, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2006. "The Effect of Taxes and Bans on Passive Smoking," IZA Discussion Papers 2191, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser, 2010.
"Social Interactions and Smoking,"
NBER Chapters, in: Research Findings in the Economics of Aging, pages 123-141,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser, 2007. "Social Interactions and Smoking," NBER Working Papers 13477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler, David & Glaeser, Edward L., 2008. "Social Interactions and Smoking," Working Paper Series rwp08-018, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- John A. Tauras, 2006. "Smoke-Free Air Laws, Cigarette Prices, and Adult Cigarette Demand," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(2), pages 333-342, April.
- Willard G. Manning Jr. & Charles E. Phelps, 1979. "The Demand for Dental Care," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 503-525, Autumn.
- John A. Tauras, 2004. "Public policy and some-day smoking among adults," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 7, pages 137-162, May.
- Duan, Naihua, et al, 1983. "A Comparison of Alternative Models for the Demand for Medical Care," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 115-126, April.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Adams Scott & Cotti Chad D., 2007. "The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mabel Andalón, 2013. "Clean Indoor Air Policies and Smoking in Mexico," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(1), pages 10-31, March.
- Jia Gao & Reagan A. Baughman, 2017. "Do Smoking Bans Improve Infant Health? Evidence from U.S. Births: 1995–2009," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(3), pages 472-495, June.
- Yanwen Wang & Michael Lewis & Vishal Singh, 2016. "The Unintended Consequences of Countermarketing Strategies: How Particular Antismoking Measures May Shift Consumers to More Dangerous Cigarettes," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(1), pages 55-72, January.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Ranzani, Marco, 2013.
"Thank you for not smoking: Evidence from the Italian smoking ban,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 192-199.
- Paolo Buonanno & Marco Ranzani, 2012. "Thank you for not smoking: evidence from the Italian smoking ban," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 246, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Michael Kvasnicka & Thomas Siedler & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2018.
"The health effects of smoking bans: Evidence from German hospitalization data,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(11), pages 1738-1753, November.
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Siedler, Thomas & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2018. "The Health Effects of Smoking Bans: Evidence from German Hospitalization Data," IZA Discussion Papers 11631, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Siedler, Thomas & Ziebarth, Nicolas, 2018. "The health effects of smoking bans: Evidence from German hospitalization data," hche Research Papers 2018/16, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Sara Markowitz & E. Kathleen Adams & Patricia M. Dietz & Viji Kannan & Van Tong, 2011. "Smoking Policies and Birth Outcomes: Estimates From a New Era," NBER Working Papers 17160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johanna Catherine MacLean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2016.
"Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 424-438, April.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2015. "Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," DETU Working Papers 1502, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Hajdu, Tamás & Hajdu, Gábor, 2018. "Smoking ban and health at birth: Evidence from Hungary," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 37-47.
- David Simon, 2013. "Does Early Life Exposure to Cigarette Smoke Permanently Harm Childhood Health? Evidence from Cigarette Tax Hikes," Working papers 2013-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised May 2015.
- Vinish Shrestha, 2018. "Do young adults substitute cigarettes for alcohol? Learning from the master settlement agreement," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 297-321, June.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.