Smoking Policies and Birth Outcomes: Estimates From a New Era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2010.
"The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009. "The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking," CEP Discussion Papers dp0950, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2009. "The effect of bans and taxes on passive smoking," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carpenter, Christopher & Cook, Philip J., 2008. "Cigarette taxes and youth smoking: New evidence from national, state, and local Youth Risk Behavior Surveys," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 287-299, March.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Christopher S. Carpenter & Madeline Zavodny, 2010.
"Effects of venue‐specific state clean indoor air laws on smoking‐related outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(12), pages 1425-1440, December.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Christopher Carpenter & Madeline Zavodny, 2009. "Effects of Venue-Specific State Clean Indoor Air Laws on Smoking-Related Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 15229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.039727_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colman, Greg & Grossman, Michael & Joyce, Ted, 2003.
"The effect of cigarette excise taxes on smoking before, during and after pregnancy,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 1053-1072, November.
- Greg Coleman & Michael Grossman & Ted Joyce, 2002. "The Effect of Cigarette Excise Taxes on Smoking Before, During and After Pregnancy," NBER Working Papers 9245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markowitz, Sara, 2008.
"The effectiveness of cigarette regulations in reducing cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 106-133, January.
- Sara Markowitz, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Cigarette Regulations in Reducing Cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome," NBER Working Papers 12527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levy, Douglas E. & Meara, Ellen, 2006. "The effect of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement on prenatal smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 276-294, March.
- Matthew C. Farrelly & William N. Evans & Edward Montgomery, 1999. "Do Workplace Smoking Bans Reduce Smoking?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 728-747, September.
- Evans, William N. & Ringel, Jeanne S., 1999.
"Can higher cigarette taxes improve birth outcomes?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 135-154, April.
- William N. Evans & Jeanne S. Ringel, 1997. "Can Higher Cigarette Taxes Improve Birth Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 5998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wakschlag, Lauren S. & Pickett, Kate E. & Middlecamp, Molly K. & Walton, Laura L. & Tenzer, Penny & Leventhal, Bennett L., 2003. "Pregnant smokers who quit, pregnant smokers who don't: does history of problem behavior make a difference?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 2449-2460, June.
- Jonathan Gruber & Botond Köszegi, 2001. "Is Addiction "Rational"? Theory and Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1261-1303.
- John A. Tauras, 2004. "Public policy and some-day smoking among adults," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 7, pages 137-162, May.
- DeCicca, Philip & McLeod, Logan, 2008. "Cigarette taxes and older adult smoking: Evidence from recent large tax increases," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 918-929, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cowan Benjamin & Tefft Nathan, 2012. "Education, Maternal Smoking, and the Earned Income Tax Credit," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-39, October.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .