Effects of venue‐specific state clean indoor air laws on smoking‐related outcomes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marianne P. Bitler & Christopher Carpenter & Madeline Zavodny, 2009. "Effects of Venue-Specific State Clean Indoor Air Laws on Smoking-Related Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 15229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip DeCicca & Donald Kenkel & Alan Mathios & Yoon-Jeong Shin & Jae-Young Lim, 2008.
"Youth smoking, cigarette prices, and anti-smoking sentiment,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 733-749.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Alan D. Mathios & Yoon-Jeong Shin & Jae-Young Lim, 2006. "Youth Smoking, Cigarette Prices, and Anti-Smoking Sentiment," NBER Working Papers 12458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Ayda A. Yurekli & Ping Zhang, 2000. "The impact of clean indoor-air laws and cigarette smuggling on demand for cigarettes: an empirical model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 159-170.
- Lovenheim, Michael F., 2008.
"How Far to the Border?: The Extent and Impact of Cross-Border Casual Cigarette Smuggling,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(1), pages 7-33, March.
- Michael F. Lovenheim, 2007. "How Far to the Border?: The Extent and Impact of Cross-Border Casual Cigarette Smuggling," Discussion Papers 06-040, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, revised Oct 2009.
- Jerome Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2005.
"The effects of taxes and bans on passive smoking,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP20/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2006. "The Effect of Taxes and Bans on Passive Smoking," CEPR Discussion Papers 509, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2006. "The Effect of Taxes and Bans on Passive Smoking," IZA Discussion Papers 2191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser, 2010.
"Social Interactions and Smoking,"
NBER Chapters,in: Research Findings in the Economics of Aging, pages 123-141
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser, 2007. "Social Interactions and Smoking," NBER Working Papers 13477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler, David & Glaeser, Edward L., 2008. "Social Interactions and Smoking," Working Paper Series rwp08-018, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- John A. Tauras, 2006. "Smoke-Free Air Laws, Cigarette Prices, and Adult Cigarette Demand," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(2), pages 333-342, April.
- Willard G. Manning Jr. & Charles E. Phelps, 1979. "The Demand for Dental Care," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 503-525, Autumn.
- Duan, Naihua, et al, 1983. "A Comparison of Alternative Models for the Demand for Medical Care," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 115-126, April.
- John A. Tauras, 2004. "Public policy and some-day smoking among adults," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 7, pages 137-162, May.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Adams Scott & Cotti Chad D., 2007. "The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sara Markowitz & E. Kathleen Adams & Patricia M. Dietz & Viji Kannan & Van Tong, 2011. "Smoking Policies and Birth Outcomes: Estimates From a New Era," NBER Working Papers 17160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johanna Catherine MacLean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2016.
"Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 424-438, April.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2015. "Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," DETU Working Papers 1502, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Mabel Andalón, 2013. "Clean Indoor Air Policies and Smoking in Mexico," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(1), pages 10-31, March.
- repec:pal:easeco:v:43:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_s41302-016-0010-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Simon, 2013. "Does Early Life Exposure to Cigarette Smoke Permanently Harm Childhood Health? Evidence from Cigarette Tax Hikes," Working papers 2013-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised May 2015.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Ranzani, Marco, 2013.
"Thank you for not smoking: Evidence from the Italian smoking ban,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 192-199.
- Paolo Buonanno & Marco Ranzani, 2012. "Thank you for not smoking: evidence from the Italian smoking ban," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 246, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11150-016-9337-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssmoking ; clean indoor air ; smoking bans ;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:19:y:2010:i:12:p:1425-1440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .