Water, Water Somewhere: The Value of Water in a Drought-Prone Farming Region
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Le, Rene Prou, 2007. "The Administration of New Zealand Irrigation: History and Analysis," Working Paper Series 3954, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Leon E. Danielson, 1989. "A Hedonic Study of the Effects of Erosion Control and Drainage on Farmland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 55-62.
- L. Allen Torell & James D. Libbin & Michael D. Miller, 1990. "The Market Value of Water in the Ogallala Aquifer," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 163-175.
- John Faux & Gregory M. Perry, 1999. "Estimating Irrigation Water Value Using Hedonic Price Analysis: A Case Study in Malheur County, Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 440-452.
- Jan P. Crouter, 1987. "Hedonic Estimation Applied to a Water Rights Market," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(3), pages 259-271.
- Raymond B. Palmquist, 1989. "Land as a Differentiated Factor of Production: A Hedonic Model and Its Implications for Welfare Measurement," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(1), pages 23-28.
- Le Prou, Rene, 2007. "The Administration of New Zealand Irrigation: History and Analysis," Working Paper Series 4341, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Feng Xu & Ron C. Mittelhammer & Paul W. Barkley, 1993. "Measuring the Contributions of Site Characteristics to the Value of Agricultural Land," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(4), pages 356-369.
- Robert A Buckle & Kunhong Kim & Heather Kirkham & Nathan McLellan & Jared Sharma, 2002. "A structural VAR model of the New Zealand business cycle," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/26, New Zealand Treasury.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shan Ma & Scott M. Swinton, 2012. "Hedonic Valuation of Farmland Using Sale Prices versus Appraised Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(1), pages 1-15.
- Yoo, James & Simonit, Silvio & Connors, John P. & Maliszewski, Paul J. & Kinzig, Ann P. & Perrings, Charles, 2013. "The value of agricultural water rights in agricultural properties in the path of development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 57-68.
- Kravchenko, Alexey, 2012. "Estimating Dairy Farms’ Demand for Water," 2012 Conference, August 31, 2012, Nelson, New Zealand 136048, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hansen, Winslow D. & Naughton, Helen T., 2013. "The effects of a spruce bark beetle outbreak and wildfires on property values in the wildland–urban interface of south-central Alaska, USA," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 141-154.
- Levente Tímár, 2011. "Rural Land Use and Land Tenure in New Zealand," Working Papers 11_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Hellegers, Petra & Davidson, Brian, 2010. "Determining the disaggregated economic value of irrigation water in the Musi sub-basin in India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 933-938, June.
- Yoo, James & Perrings, Charles & Kinzig, Ann & Abbott, Joshua K. & Simonit, Silvio & Connors, John P. & Maliszewski, Paul J., 2012. "The Value of Water Rights in Agricultural Properties in the Phoenix Active Management Area," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124095, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas & Heidecke, Claudia, 2010. "Demand Estimation for Irrigation Water in the Moroccan Drâa Valley using Contingent Valuation," Discussion Papers 162895, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Julio Berbel & M. Mesa-Jurado & Juan Pistón, 2011. "Value of Irrigation Water in Guadalquivir Basin (Spain) by Residual Value Method," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 25(6), pages 1565-1579, April.
More about this item
Keywordsirrigation; hedonics; water supply; New Zealand;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-07-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-07-20 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtu:wpaper:08_10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Watene). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/motuenz.html .