Evaluating the Influence of Personal Relationships on Land Sale Prices: A Case Study in Oregon
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Featherstone, Allen M. & Schurle, Bryan W. & Duncan, Steven S. & Postier, Kevin D., 1993. "Clearance Sales In The Farmland Market?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Xu, Feng & Mittelhammer, Ron C. & Torell, A., 1994. "Modeling Nonnegativity Via Truncated Logistic and Normal Distributions: An Application to Rangeland Price Analysis," Staff General Research Papers Archive 790, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Robinson, Lindon J. & Siles, Marcelo E., 1999. "Social capital and household income distributions in the United States: 1980, 1990," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 43-93.
- Xu, Feng & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Torell, L. Allen, 1994. "Modeling Nonnegativity Via Truncated Logistic And Normal Distributions: An Application To Ranch Land Price Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- L. Allen Torell & James D. Libbin & Michael D. Miller, 1990. "The Market Value of Water in the Ogallala Aquifer," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 163-175.
- John Faux & Gregory M. Perry, 1999. "Estimating Irrigation Water Value Using Hedonic Price Analysis: A Case Study in Malheur County, Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 440-452.
- Jan P. Crouter, 1987. "Hedonic Estimation Applied to a Water Rights Market," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(3), pages 259-271.
- Raymond B. Palmquist, 1989. "Land as a Differentiated Factor of Production: A Hedonic Model and Its Implications for Welfare Measurement," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(1), pages 23-28.
- C. Arden Pope III & H. L. Goodwin, 1984. "Impacts of Consumptive Demand on Rural Land Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(5), pages 750-754.
- David L. Chicoine, 1981. "Farmland Values at the Urban Fringe: An Analysis of Sale Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 353-362.
- Charles B. Moss, 1997. "Returns, Interest Rates, and Inflation: How They Explain Changes in Farmland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1311-1318.
- Sandrey, Ronald A. & Arthur, Louise M. & Oliveira, Ronald A. & Wilson, W. Robert, 1982. "Determinants Of Oregon Farmland Values: A Pooled Cross-Sectional, Time Series Analysis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(02), December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hurrelmann, Annette, 2004. "Analysing Agricultural Land Markets as Organisations: An Empirical Study in Poland," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 18840, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Philip Kostov & Myles Patton & Seamus McErlean, 2008. "Nonparametric analysis of the influence of buyers' characteristics and personal relationships on agricultural land prices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 161-176.
- David R. Just & Andrew S. Hanks, 2015.
"The Hidden Cost of Regulation: Emotional Responses to Command and Control,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1385-1399.
- Just, David & Hanks, Andrew, 2015. "The Hidden Cost of Regulation: Emotional Responses to Command and Control," 2015 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2015, Boston, Massachusetts 189688, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Robison, Lindon J. & Siles, Marcelo E. & Schmid, A. Allan, 2002. "Social Capital And Poverty Reduction: Toward A Mature Paradigm," Agricultural Economic Report Series 10941, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Golden, Bill B. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2003. "Determinants Of Kansas Agricultural Land Values," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35033, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tsoodle, Leah J. & Featherstone, Allen M. & Golden, Bill B., 2005. "Estimating the Market Value of Agricultural Land in Kansas Using a Combination of Hedonic and Negative Exponential Techniques," Proceedings: 2005 Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition,October 3-4, 2005; Minneapolis, Minnesota 132763, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Hanson, Steven D. & Robison, Lindon J., 2001. "Impacts Of Social Capital On Investment Behavior Under Risk," Staff Papers 11533, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Swanepoel, G.D. & Hadrich, Joleen & Goemans, Christopher, 2015. "Estimating the Contribution of Groundwater Irrigation to Farmland Values in Phillips County, Colorado," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Curtiss, Jarmila & JelÃnek, Ladislav & HruÅ¡ka, Martin & Medonos, TomÃ¡Å¡ & Vilhelm, VÃ¡clav, 2013. "The Effect of Heterogeneous Buyers on Agricultural Land Prices: The Case of the Czech Land Market," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 62(2).
- Hurrelmann, Annette, 2008. "Analysing agricultural land markets as organisations: An empirical study in Poland," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 338-349, July.
- Snyder, Stephanie A. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Hudson, Rachel & Donnay, Jacob, 2008. "Influence of purchaser perceptions and intentions on price for forest land parcels: A hedonic pricing approach," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 47-72, January.
- Philip Kostov, 2010. "Do Buyers’ Characteristics and Personal Relationships Affect Agricultural Land Prices?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(1), pages 48-65.
- Leah J. Tsoodle & Bill B. Golden & Allen M. Featherstone, 2006. "Factors Influencing Kansas Agricultural Farm Land Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(1), pages 124-139.
More about this item
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:77:y:2001:i:3:p:385-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.