Competition and the Strategic Choices of Churches
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Blau & H. Naci Mocan, 2002. "The Supply Of Quality In Child Care Centers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 483-496, August.
- Michael J. Mazzeo, 2002. "Product Choice and Oligopoly Market Structure," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 221-242, Summer.
- Harrison Teresa D. & Lybecker Kristina M., 2005. "The Effect of the Nonprofit Motive on Hospital Competitive Behavior," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, May.
- Federico Ciliberto & Elie Tamer, 2009.
"Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(6), pages 1791-1828, November.
- Elie Tamer & Federico Ciliberto, 2004. "Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 517, Econometric Society.
- Elie Tamer & Federico Ciliberto, 2004. "Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets," 2004 Meeting Papers 52, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Tamer, Elie, 2009. "Market structure and multiple equilibria in airline markets," MPRA Paper 38635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gordon Cleveland & Michael Krashinsky, 2009. "The nonprofit advantage: Producing quality in thick and thin child care markets," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(3), pages 440-462.
- Andrew Cohen & Beth Freeborn & Brian McManus, 2013. "Competition And Crowding Out In The Market For Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(1), pages 159-184, February.
- Jonathan Gruber & Daniel M. Hungerman, 2008. "The Church Versus the Mall: What Happens When Religion Faces Increased Secular Competition?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(2), pages 831-862.
- Patrick Bajari & Han Hong & Stephen P. Ryan, 2010.
"Identification and Estimation of a Discrete Game of Complete Information,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(5), pages 1529-1568, September.
- Patrick Bajari & Han Hong & Stephen Ryan, 2004. "Identification and Estimation of Discrete Games of Complete Information," NBER Technical Working Papers 0301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Ryan & Patrick Bajari & Han Hong, 2005. "Identification and Estimation of Discrete Games of Complete Information," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 53, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gruber Jonathan H, 2005. "Religious Market Structure, Religious Participation, and Outcomes: Is Religion Good for You?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-32, September.
- Berry, Steven T, 1992. "Estimation of a Model of Entry in the Airline Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 889-917, July.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Hungerman, Daniel M., 2007.
"Faith-based charity and crowd-out during the great depression,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1043-1069, June.
- Jonathan Gruber & Daniel M. Hungerman, 2005. "Faith-Based Charity and Crowd Out during the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 11332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hungerman, Daniel M., 2009. "Crowd-out and diversity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(5-6), pages 729-740, June.
- Tom Kornstad & Thor Thoresen, 2007.
"A discrete choice model for labor supply and childcare,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 781-803, October.
- Tom Kornstad & Thor O. Thoresen, 2002. "A Discrete Choice Model for Labor Supply and Child Care," Discussion Papers 315, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Wesley R. Hartmann, 2010. "Demand Estimation with Social Interactions and the Implications for Targeted Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 585-601, 07-08.
- Pierre Lefebvre & Philip Merrigan, 2008. "Child-Care Policy and the Labor Supply of Mothers with Young Children: A Natural Experiment from Canada," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 519-548, July.
- Katja Seim, 2006. "An empirical model of firm entry with endogenous product‐type choices," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 619-640, September.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2005. "Religious Market Structure, Religious Participation, and Outcomes: Is Religion Good for You?," NBER Working Papers 11377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998. "Introduction to the Economics of Religion," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1465-1495, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cje:issued:v:50:y:2017:i:5:p:1445-1488 is not listed on IDEAS
- Filistrucchi, L. & Prüfer, J., 2013.
"Faithful Strategies : How Religion Shapes Nonprofit Management,"
2013-052, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lapo Filistrucchi & Jens Prufer, 2014. "Faithful Strategies: How Religion Shapes Nonprofit Management," Working Papers - Economics wp2014_01.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Michael W. Walrath, 2016. "Entry Models Applied to Churches: Could Protestants use a Catholic Bishop to Solve Excess Entry?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 557-588, September.
- Federico Ciliberto & Ina C. Jäkel, 2017. "Superstar Exporters: An Empirical Investigation of Strategic Interactions in Danish Export Market," Economics Working Papers 2017-09, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00594 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erhao Xie, 2018. "Inference in Games Without Nash Equilibrium: An Application to Restaurants, Competition in Opening Hours," Staff Working Papers 18-60, Bank of Canada.
- Owens, Mark F. & Rennhoff, Adam D., 2014. "Provision and price of child care services: For-profits and nonprofits," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 40-51.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Margaret Slade, 2017.
"Empirical models of firms and industries,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1445-1488, December.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Margaret Slade, 2017. "Empirical Models of Firms and Industries," Working Papers tecipa-580, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Slade, Margaret, 2017. "Empirical Models of Firms and Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 12074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Slade, Margaret E., 2017. "Empirical Models of Firms and Industries," Microeconomics.ca working papers margaret_e._slade-2017-4, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 27 Apr 2017.
More about this item
Keywordsnonprofits; churches; strategy; discrete games;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mts:wpaper:201011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (E. Anthon Eff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efmtsus.html .