Examining the Implications of Organizational Structure Changes from a Transaction Cost Perspective: a Longitudinal Study of an Outsourcing Vendor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Doll, WJ & Vonderembse, MA, 1991. "The evolution of manufacturing systems: Towards the post-industrial enterprise," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 401-411.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Paswan, Audhesh K. & Dant, Rajiv P. & Lumpkin, James R., 1998. "An Empirical Investigation of the Linkages among Relationalism, Environmental Uncertainty, and Bureaucratization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 125-140, November.
- Jérôme Barthélemy & Bertrand V. Quélin, 2006.
"Complexity of Outsourcing Contracts and Ex Post Transaction Costs: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1775-1797, December.
- Bertrand Quélin & Jérôme Barthélemy, 2006. "Complexity of Outsourcing Contracts and Ex Post Transaction Costs: An Empirical Investigation," Post-Print hal-00459784, HAL.
- Germain, Richard, 1996. "The role of context and structure in radical and incremental logistics innovation adoption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 117-127, February.
- Spekle, Roland F., 2001. "Explaining management control structure variety: a transaction cost economics perspective," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 419-441.
- John, George & Weitz, Barton A, 1988. "Forward Integration into Distribution: An Empirical Test of Transaction Cost Analysis," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 337-355, Fall.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Koufteros, Xenophon A. & Nahm, Abraham Y. & Edwin Cheng, T.C. & Lai, Kee-hung, 2007. "An empirical assessment of a nomological network of organizational design constructs: From culture to structure to pull production to performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 468-492, April.
- Mahoney, Joseph T. & McNally, Regina C., 2004. "Explaining and Predicting the Choice of Organizational Form: Integrating Performance Ambiguity and Asset Specificity Effects," Working Papers 04-0109, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Chris Hunt & Dunstan, Keitha, 2008. "Why do Queensland Urban Water Entities Resist the Adoption of User Pays Pricing?," Working Paper Series 3999, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Fan, Joseph P. H., 2000. "Price uncertainty and vertical integration: an examination of petrochemical firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-376, December.
- Hao, Jinghui & Bijman, Jos & Gardebroek, Cornelis & Heerink, Nico & Heijman, Wim & Huo, Xuexi, 2018. "Cooperative membership and farmers’ choice of marketing channels – Evidence from apple farmers in Shaanxi and Shandong Provinces, China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 53-64.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3235 is not listed on IDEAS
- John, George & Reve, Torger, 2010. "Transaction Cost Analysis in Marketing: Looking Back, Moving Forward," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 248-256.
- Regan, Laureen & Tennyson, Sharon, 1996. "Agent Discretion and the Choice of Insurance Marketing System," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 637-666, October.
- Fu-Sheng Tsai & Chin-Chiung Kuo & Julia L. Lin, 2020. "Knowledge Heterogenization of the Franchising Literature Applying Transaction Cost Economics," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-27, November.
- Jacqueline Christensen & Pamela Kent & Tom Smith, 2016. "The decision to outsource risk management services," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 56(4), pages 985-1015, December.
- Pavez, Iciar & Codron, Jean-Marie & Lubello, Pasquale & Florêncio, Maria Cecilia, 2019.
"Biosecurity institutions and the choice of contracts in international fruit supply chains,"
Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Iciar Pavez & Jean Marie Codron & Pasquale Lubello & Maria Cecilia Florêncio, 2019. "Biosecurity institutions and the choice of contracts in international fruit supply chains," Post-Print hal-02622435, HAL.
- Gwenaëlle Nogatchewsky, 2002. "Les Modes De Controle Entre Clients Et Fournisseurs," Post-Print halshs-00584515, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2507 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richardson, Alan J. & Kilfoyle, Eksa, 2009. "Accounting in markets, hierarchies and networks: The role of accounting in the transnational governance of postal transactions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 939-956, November.
- Fernández Olmos, Marta, 2010. "The performance implications of "grow or buy" decisions in the wine industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 256-264, June.
- Gwenaëlle Nogatchewsky, 2002. "Typologie de controle interorganisationnel: le cas de la relation entre un équipementier automobile et ses fournisseurs," Post-Print halshs-00144679, HAL.
- Francine Lafontaine & Margaret E. Slade, 1998. "Incentive Contracting and the Franchise Decision," NBER Working Papers 6544, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jérôme Barthélemy & Bertrand Quélin, 2002.
"Competence, Specificity and Outsourcing : Impact on the complexity of the contract,"
- QUELIN, Bertrand & BARTHELEMY, Jerome, 2002. "Competence, specificity and outsourcing: impact on the complexity of the contract," HEC Research Papers Series 759, HEC Paris.
- Rekha Krishnan & Inge Geyskens & Jan-Benedict E. M. Steenkamp, 2016. "The effectiveness of contractual and trust-based governance in strategic alliances under behavioral and environmental uncertainty," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(12), pages 2521-2542, December.
- Francine Lafontaine & Margaret Slade, 2007.
"Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries: The Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 629-685, September.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Slade, Margaret, 2007. "Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries : The Evidence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 799, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Slade, Margaret, 2007. "Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries: The Evidence," Economic Research Papers 269756, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Davide Vannoni, 1999. "Empirical Studies of Vertical Integration: the Transaction Cost Orthodoxy," CERIS Working Paper 199903, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Isabelle Gignon-Marconnet & Gwenaëlle Nogatchewsky, 2003. "Management Des Fournisseurs Partenaires : A Quoi Servent Les Accords Inter-Entreprises ? Un Parallele Avec Les Roles Des Budgets," Post-Print halshs-00582780, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsoutsourcing; strategic management; organizational structure; transaction cost;
All these keywords.
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Other
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2011-11-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-PPM-2011-11-28 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msm:wpaper:2011/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/msmmmnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Maud de By (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/msmmmnl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.