Technology And Spillovers: Evidence From Indian Manufacturing Micro-Data
This paper finds that technology stocks and spillovers, have significantly affected the output of Indian manufacturing firms, over the period 1994 to 2006. The technology of a firm is measured, as embodied in its recent stock of plant & machinery, as well as generated through its own R&D. Moreover, investments in both these types of capital by a firm, also generate learning and level of development effects, for all other firms in that industry.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/eco/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/eco/research/papers/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995.
"Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Sakellaris, Plutarchos & Wilson, Daniel J., 2002.
"Quantifying embodied technological change,"
Working Paper Series
0158, European Central Bank.
- Robert Wieser, 2005. "Research And Development Productivity And Spillovers: Empirical Evidence At The Firm Level," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 587-621, 09.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Aggarwal, Aradhna, 2005. "Liberalization, outward orientation and in-house R&D activity of multinational and local firms: A quantitative exploration for Indian manufacturing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 441-460, May.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990.
"A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
NBER Working Papers
3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
- Kaliappa Kalirajan & Shashanka Bhide, 2004. "The Post-reform Performance of the Manufacturing Sector in India," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 3(2), pages 126-157.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rana Hasan & Mayank Raturi, 2003. "Does Investing in Technology Affect Exports? Evidence from Indian Firms," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 279-293, 05.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2135, David K. Levine.
- King, Mervyn A & Robson, Mark H, 1993. " A Dynamic Model of Investment and Endogenous Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 445-66, December.
- Bart Los & Bart Verspagen, 2000. "R&D spillovers and productivity: Evidence from U.S. manufacturing microdata," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 127-148.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
RCER Working Papers
420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-62, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-52, Special I.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Raut, Lakshmi K., 1995. "R & D spillover and productivity growth: Evidence from Indian private firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-23, October.
- Giuseppe Medda & Claudio Piga & Donald S. Siegel, 2004.
"Assessing the Returns to Collaborative Research: Firm-Level Evidence from Italy,"
Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics
0416, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Medda & Claudio Piga & Donald Siegel, 2006. "Assessing the returns to collaborative research: Firm-level evidence from Italy," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 37-50.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2007. "Why India Lags Behind China and How It Can Bridge the Gap," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 229-248, 02.
- Shaw, G K, 1992. "Policy Implications of Endogenous Growth Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(412), pages 611-21, May.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, .
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Hasan, Rana, 2002. "The impact of imported and domestic technologies on the productivity of firms: panel data evidence from Indian manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 23-49, October.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Hammond, Peter J & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1993. " On Endogenizing Long-Run Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 391-425, December.
- Greiner, Alfred & Semmler, Willi, 2002. "Externalities of investment, education and economic growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 709-724, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2007-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.