The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent in a Small Open Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Petrucci, Alberto, 2006. "The incidence of a tax on pure rent in a small open economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 921-933, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1979.
"The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New (?) Reason for an Old Answer,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 869-874, August.
- Guillermo A. Galvo & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Carlos Alfredo Rodriguez, 1978. "The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Reason for an Old Answer," UCLA Economics Working Papers 125, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ihori, Toshihiro, 1990. "Economic effects of land taxes in an inflationary economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 195-211, July.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1989.
"Debt neutrality, Professor Vickrey and Henry George's 'single tax',"
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 43-47.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1988. "Debt Neutrality, Professor Vickrey and Henry George's "Single Tax"," NBER Working Papers 2673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1988. "Foreign-Owned Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 76-88, March.
- Bentick, Brian L, 1979. "The Impact of Taxation and Valuation Practices on the Timing and Efficiency of Land Use," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 859-868, August.
- Chamley, Christophe & Wright, Brian D., 1987. "Fiscal incidence in an overlapping generations model with a fixed asset," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 3-24, February.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1987. "Tax incidence," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 1043-1092 Elsevier.
- Fane, George, 1984. "The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: The Old Reason for the Old Answer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 329-333, April.
- Mills, David E., 2001. "Land value taxation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 765-770, November.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Hiroyuki Hashimoto & Masaya Sakuragawa, 1998. "Land-Tax, Transfer and Growth in an Endogenously Growing Economy with Overlapping Generations," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 412-425, December.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1977. "The Surprising Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Answer to an Old Question," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 349-360, April.
- Kangoh Lee, 2003. "Should land and capital be taxed at a uniform rate?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 350-372, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Coleman, 2017. "Housing, the ‘Great Income Tax Experiment’, and the intergenerational consequences of the lease," Working Papers 17_09, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Alberto Petrucci, 2015. "Pure Rent Taxation and Growth in a Two-Sector Open Economy," Working Papers CELEG 1501, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Petrucci, Alberto, 2006. "Wealth Accumulation and Growth in a Specific-Factors Model of Trade and Finance," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp06029, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Andrew Coleman, 2017. "Housing, the ‘Great Income Tax Experiment’, and the intergenerational consequences of the lease," Working Papers 1709, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2017.
- Dao, Nguyen Thang & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2018.
"Feldstein meets George: Land rent taxation and socially optimal allocation in economies with environmental externality,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 20-41.
- Nguyen Thang Dao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2018. "Feldstein Meets George: Land Rent Taxation and Socially Optimal Allocation in Economies with Environmental Externality," CESifo Working Paper Series 6937, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marko Koethenbuerger & Panu Poutvaara, 2009.
"Rent taxation and its intertemporal welfare effects in a small open economy,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(5), pages 697-709, October.
- Marko Köthenbürger & Panu Poutvaara, 2007. "Rent Taxation and its Intertemporal Welfare Effects in a Small Open Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2158, CESifo Group Munich.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko & Poutvaara, Panu, 2009. "Rent taxation and its intertemporal welfare effects in a small open economy," Munich Reprints in Economics 19461, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Luigi Bonatti, 2017. "Land, Housing, Growth and Inequality," DEM Working Papers 2017/01, Department of Economics and Management.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9403-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Siegmeier & Linus Mattauch & Max Franks & David Klenert & Anselm Schultes & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "A Public Finance Perspective on Climate Policy: Six Interactions That May Enhance Welfare," Working Papers 2015.31, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Coulson, N. Edward & Li, Herman, 2010. "The effect of risk on the effect of a land tax: A simulation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 530-537, November.
- Ottmar Edenhofer & Linus Mattauch & Jan Siegmeier, 2013. "Hypergeorgism: When is Rent Taxation as a Remedy for Insufficient Capital Accumulation Socially Optimal?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4144, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:366-378 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLand Taxation; Labor Supply; Capital Accumulation; Overlapping generations.;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2005-07-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-07-18 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mol:ecsdps:esdp05025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsmolit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.