Efficient decentralized fiscal and environmental policy: A dual purpose Henry George tax
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Braid, Ralph M, 1996. "Symmetric Tax Competition with Multiple Jurisdictions in Each Metropolitan Area," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1279-1290, December.
- Fullerton, Don & Metcalf, Gilbert E., 2002.
Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 26, pages 1787-1872
- Don Fullerton & Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2001. "Tax Incidence," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0106, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2006. "Tax Incidence," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0607, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Don Fullerton & Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2002. "Tax Incidence," NBER Working Papers 8829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matsumoto, Mutsumi, 1998. "A note on tax competition and public input provision," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 465-473, July.
- Hoyt, William H., 1991. "Competitive jurisdictions, congestion, and the Henry George Theorem : When should property be taxed instead of land?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 351-370, November.
- Kunce, Mitch, 2000. "A Nash tax game extending the generality of the Henry George Theorem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 229-233, February.
- Wellisch,Dietmar, 2000. "Theory of Public Finance in a Federal State," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521630351, March.
- Wellisch Dietmar, 1995. "Locational Choices of Firms and Decentralized Environmental Policy with Various Instruments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 290-310, May.
- Kunce, Mitch & Shogren, Jason F., 2005. "On interjurisdictional competition and environmental federalism," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 212-224, July.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1977. "The Surprising Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Answer to an Old Question," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 349-360, April.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Richter, Wolfram F. & Wellisch, Dietmar, 1996. "The provision of local public goods and factors in the presence of firm and household mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 73-93, April.
- Kunce, Mitch & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "On Environmental Federalism and Direct Emission Control," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 238-245, March.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1988. "Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 333-354, April.
- Zodrow, George R. & Mieszkowski, Peter, 1986. "Pigou, Tiebout, property taxation, and the underprovision of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 356-370, May.
- Hoel, Michael, 2004. "Interregional interactions and population mobility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 419-433, November.
- Man, Joyce Y., 1995. "The Incidence of Differential Commercial Property Taxes: Empirical Evidence," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(4), pages 479-96, December.
- Kangoh Lee, 2003. "Should land and capital be taxed at a uniform rate?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 350-372, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miklós Antal & Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh, 2014.
"Macroeconomics, Financial Crisis and the Environment. Strategies for a Sustainability Transition,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Miklós Antal & Jeroen van den Bergh, 2014. "Macroeconomics, Financial Crisis and the Environment: Strategies for a Sustainability Transition," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 10, WWWforEurope.
- Nurfatriani, Fitri & Darusman, Dudung & Nurrochmat, Dodik Ridho & Yustika, Ahmad Erani & Muttaqin, Muhammad Zahrul, 2015. "Redesigning Indonesian forest fiscal policy to support forest conservation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 39-50.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:65:y:2008:i:3:p:569-573. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.