The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New (?) Reason for an Old Answer
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Guillermo A. Galvo & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Carlos Alfredo Rodriguez, 1978. "The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Reason for an Old Answer," UCLA Economics Working Papers 125, UCLA Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Coleman, 2017. "Housing, the ‘Great Income Tax Experiment’, and the intergenerational consequences of the lease," Working Papers 17_09, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1987.
"A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 325-338.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1984. "A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petrucci, Alberto, 2006.
"The incidence of a tax on pure rent in a small open economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 921-933, May.
- Petrucci, Alberto, 2005. "The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent in a Small Open Economy," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp05025, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1988. "Foreign-Owned Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 76-88, March.
- Andrew Coleman, 2017. "Housing, the ‘Great Income Tax Experiment’, and the intergenerational consequences of the lease," Working Papers 1709, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2017.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1996. "The dynamic efficiency cost of not taxing housing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 397-417, March.
- Marko Koethenbuerger & Panu Poutvaara, 2009.
"Rent taxation and its intertemporal welfare effects in a small open economy,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(5), pages 697-709, October.
- Marko Köthenbürger & Panu Poutvaara, 2007. "Rent Taxation and its Intertemporal Welfare Effects in a Small Open Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2158, CESifo Group Munich.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko & Poutvaara, Panu, 2009. "Rent taxation and its intertemporal welfare effects in a small open economy," Munich Reprints in Economics 19461, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Summers, Lawrence H, 1981.
"The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 706-732, August.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1980. "The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 0445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1987. "Tax incidence," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 1043-1092 Elsevier.
- Gahvari, Firouz, 2007. "The Friedman rule: Old and new," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 581-589, March.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1996.
"Housing markets and vacant land,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(9-10), pages 1731-1762.
- Christian Keuschnigg & S›ren Bo Nielsen, "undated". "Housing Markets and Vacant Land," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-18, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1994. "Housing Markets and Vacant Land," Economics Series 1, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Yamazaki, Fukuju & Idee, Takako, 1997. "An Estimation of the Lock-In Effect of Capital Gains Taxation," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 82-104, March.
- Linus Mattauch & Jan Siegmeier & Ottmar Edenhofer & Felix Creutzig, 2013. "Financing Public Capital through Land Rent Taxation: A Macroeconomic Henry George Theorem," CESifo Working Paper Series 4280, CESifo Group Munich.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1989. "Housing wealth and aggregate saving," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 305-324, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:87:y:1979:i:4:p:869-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.