Financing Public Capital through Land Rent Taxation: A Macroeconomic Henry George Theorem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1979.
"The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New (?) Reason for an Old Answer,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 869-874, August.
- Guillermo A. Galvo & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Carlos Alfredo Rodriguez, 1978. "The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Reason for an Old Answer," UCLA Economics Working Papers 125, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Francesco Caselli & James Feyrer, 2007.
"The Marginal Product of Capital,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 535-568.
- Caselli, Francesco & Feyrer, James, 2005. "The Marginal Product of Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 5203, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Caselli, Francesco & Feyrer, James, 2006. "The marginal product of capital," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3560, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francesco Caselli & James Feyrer, 2006. "The Marginal Product of Capital," CEP Discussion Papers dp0735, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francesco Caselli & James Feyrer, 2005. "The Marginal Product of Capital," NBER Working Papers 11551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerome Creel & Gwenaelle Poilon, 2008.
"Is public capital productive in Europe?,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 673-691.
- Jerome Creel & Gwenaëlle Poilon, 2006. "Is public capital productive in Europe?," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2006-10, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jérôme Creel & Gwenaelle Poilon, 2006. "Is Public Capital Productive in Europe?," Sciences Po publications n°2006-10, Sciences Po.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Ottmar Edenhofer & Linus Mattauch & Jan Siegmeier, 2013. "Hypergeorgism: When is Rent Taxation as a Remedy for Insufficient Capital Accumulation Socially Optimal?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4144, CESifo Group Munich.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burgstaller,Andre, 1994. "Property and Prices," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521419031, April.
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1979. "Aggregate Land Rents, Expenditure on Public Goods, and Optimal City Size," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 471-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalkuhl, Matthias & Fernandez Milan, Blanca & Schwerhoff, Gregor & Jakob, Michael & Hahnen, Maren & Creutzig, Felix, 2017. "Fiscal Instruments for Sustainable Development: The Case of Land Taxes," MPRA Paper 78652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ottmar Edenhofer & Jan Christoph Steckel & Michael Jakob, 2014. "Does Environmental Sustainability Contradict Prosperity?," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 5, pages 15-20, October.
- Nguyen Thang Dao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2018. "Feldstein Meets George: Land Rent Taxation and Socially Optimal Allocation in Economies with Environmental Externality," CESifo Working Paper Series 6937, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vincent Viguie & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2015. "Urban Infrastructure Investment and Rent-Capture Potentials," Working Papers hal-01136199, HAL.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9403-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Siegmeier & Linus Mattauch & Max Franks & David Klenert & Anselm Schultes & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "A Public Finance Perspective on Climate Policy: Six Interactions That May Enhance Welfare," Working Papers 2015.31, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Viguie, V. & Hallegatte, S., 2014.
"Urban infrastructure investment and rent-capture potentials,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7067, The World Bank.
- Vincent Viguie & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2015. "Urban Infrastructure Investment and Rent-Capture Potentials," CIRED Working Papers hal-01136199, HAL.
- Fuss, Sabine & Chen, Claudine & Jakob, Michael & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2016.
"Could resource rents finance universal access to infrastructure? A first exploration of needs and rents,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 691-712, December.
- Sabine Fuss & Claudine Chen & Michael Jakob & Annika Marxen & Narasimha D. Rao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "Could Resource Rents Finance Universal Access to Infrastructure? A First Exploration of Needs and Rents," Working Papers 2015.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Creutzig, Felix & Goldschmidt, Jan Christoph & Lehmann, Paul & Schmid, Eva & von Blücher, Felix & Breyer, Christian & Fernandez, Blanca & Jakob, Michael & Knopf, Brigitte & Lohrey, Steffen & Susca, Ti, 2014. "Catching two European birds with one renewable stone: Mitigating climate change and Eurozone crisis by an energy transition," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1015-1028.
- Michael Jakob & Claudine Chen & Sabine Fuss & Annika Marxen & Narasimha Rao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "Using Carbon Pricing Revenues to Finance Infrastructure Access," Working Papers 2015.94, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
Keywordsland rent tax; public investment; Henry George Theorem; social optimum;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.