Grade Inflation and Education Quality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Liad Wagman & Vincent Conitzer, 2012. "Choosing fair lotteries to defeat the competition," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 41(1), pages 91-129, February.
- Emir Kamenica & Matthew Gentzkow, 2011. "Bayesian Persuasion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2590-2615, October.
- Erik Hanushek & F. Welch (ed.), 2006. "Handbook of the Economics of Education," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 1, number 1, June.
- Curtis R. Taylor & Huseyin Yildirim, 2011. "Subjective Performance and the Value of Blind Evaluation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(2), pages 762-794.
- Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Information Revelation and Certification Intermediaries," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 214-231, Summer.
- Michael Ostrovsky & Michael Schwarz, 2010.
"Information Disclosure and Unraveling in Matching Markets,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 34-63, May.
- Ostrovsky, Michael & Schwarz, Michael, 2007. "Information Disclosure and Unraveling in Matching Markets," Research Papers 1965, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Michael Ostrovsky & Michael Schwarz, 2008. "Information Disclosure and Unraveling in Matching Markets," NBER Working Papers 13766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Geanakoplos, John, 2010.
"Grading exams: 100,99,98,... or A,B,C?,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 72-94, May.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos, 2009. "Grading Exams: 100, 99, 98,...or A, B, C?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1710, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos, 2009. "Grading Exams: 100, 99, 98,... or A, B, C?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000361, David K. Levine.
- Erik Hanushek & F. Welch (ed.), 2006. "Handbook of the Economics of Education," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 2, number 2, June.
- Talia Bar & Vrinda Kadiyali & Asaf Zussman, 2012. "Putting Grades in Context," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 445-478.
- Juan-JosÈ Ganuza & JosÈ S. Penalva, 2010. "Signal Orderings Based on Dispersion and the Supply of Private Information in Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(3), pages 1007-1030, May.
More about this item
KeywordsGrade Inflation; Effort; Education Investment;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2012-05-29 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EDU-2012-05-29 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-29 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mia:wpaper:2012-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Parmeter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demiaus.html .