Price sensitivity to tourism activities: looking for determinant factors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eugeni AguilÃ³ & JoaquÃn Alegre & Maria Sard, 2003. "Examining the Market Structure of the German and UK Tour Operating Industries through an Analysis of Package Holiday Prices," Tourism Economics, , vol. 9(3), pages 255-278, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuel Rodríguez-Díaz & Rosa Rodríguez-Díaz & Ana Cristina Rodríguez-Voltes & Crina Isabel Rodríguez-Voltes, 2018. "Analysing the Relationship between Price and Online Reputation by Lodging Category," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-1, November.
- Adam Blake & Mondher Sahli & Neelu Seetaram, 2012. "Introduction," Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(6), pages 1155-1159, December.
- Manuel Rodríguez-Díaz & Crina Isabel Rodríguez-Voltes & Ana Cristina Rodríguez-Voltes, 2019. "Determining the Relationships between Price and Online Reputation in Lodgings," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-1, July.
- Juan L. Nicolau & Lorenzo Masiero, 2013. "Relationship between Price Sensitivity and Expenditures in the Choice of Tourism Activities at the Destination," Tourism Economics, , vol. 19(1), pages 101-114, February.
- Taiga Saito & Akihiko Takahashi & Noriaki Koide & Yu Ichifuji, 2017. "Optimal overbooking strategy in online hotel booking systems¡ÊRevised as "Application of Online Booking Data to Hotel Revenue Management" in F-448¡Ë," CARF F-Series CARF-F-421, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Emanuele Breda & Rita Cappariello & Valentina ROmano, "undated". "International tourism in Italy: recent trends, potential demand and a comparison with the main European competitors," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 475, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ferrer-Rosell, Berta & Martínez-Garcia, Esther & Coenders, Germà, 2014. "Package and no-frills air carriers as moderators of length of stay," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 114-122.
- Engelina du Plessis & Melville Saayman, 2018. "Aspects contributing to tourism price competitiveness of South Africa," Tourism Economics, , vol. 24(2), pages 146-156, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Catalina Juaneda & Josep Maria Raya & Francesc Sastre, 2011. "Pricing the Time and Location of a Stay at a Hotel or Apartment," Tourism Economics, , vol. 17(2), pages 321-338, April.
- JoaquÃn Alegre & Magdalena Cladera & Maria Sard, 2012. "The Evolution of British Package Holiday Prices in the Balearic Islands, 2000â€“2008," Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(1), pages 59-75, February.
- Guido Candela & Paolo Figini, 2010.
"Destination Unknown. Is there any Economics Beyond Tourism Areas?,"
Review of Economic Analysis, Digital Initiatives at the University of Waterloo Library, vol. 2(3), pages 256-271, September.
- Guido Candela & Paolo Figini, 2009. "Destination Unknown. Is There any Economics Beyond Tourism Areas?," Working Paper series 36_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Josep Raya Vilchez, 2013. "Destination and Seasonality Valuations: A Quantile Approach," Tourism Economics, , vol. 19(4), pages 835-853, August.
- Martin Petricek & Stepan Chalupa & Karel Chadt, 2020. "Identification of Consumer Behavior Based on Price Elasticity: A Case Study of the Prague Market of Accommodation Services," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-1, November.
- SigbjÃ¸rn Tveteraas & Frank Asche & Kristin Lien, 2014. "European Tour Operators' Market Power When Renting Hotel Rooms in Northern Norway," Tourism Economics, , vol. 20(3), pages 579-594, June.
- Lorenzo Masiero & Juan L. Nicolau, 2012. "Price Sensitivity to Tourism Activities: Looking for Determinant Factors," Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(4), pages 675-689, August.
- Marie-Louise Mangion & Ramesh Durbarry & M. Thea Sinclair, 2005. "Tourism Competitiveness: Price and Quality," Tourism Economics, , vol. 11(1), pages 45-68, March.
- Aliza Fleischer, 2012. "A Room with a View â€” A Valuation of the Mediterranean Sea View," ERSA conference papers ersa12p144, European Regional Science Association.
- JoaquÃn Alegre & LlorenÃ§ Pou, 2008. "Research Note: Tourism Expenditure and all-Inclusive Packages â€“ the case of a Mature Mediterranean Destination," Tourism Economics, , vol. 14(3), pages 645-655, September.
- Aldric Vives & Marta Jacob & Eugeni AguilÃ³, 2019. "Online hotel demand model and own-price elasticities: An empirical application in a mature resort destination," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(5), pages 670-694, August.
- Joaquín Alegre & Maria Sard, 2006. "Tour operators' price strategie in the Balearic Islands," DEA Working Papers 19, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- de la Peña, Mario Raúl & Núñez-Serrano, Juan A. & Turrión, Jaime & Velázquez, Francisco J., 2016.
"Are innovations relevant for consumers in the hospitality industry? A hedonic approach for Cuban hotels,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 184-196.
- Mario Raúl de la Peña & Juan A. Núñez-Serrano & Jaime Turrión Sánchez & Francisco Javier Velázquez Angona, 2015. "Are Innovations relevant for consumers in the hospitality industry? A hedonic approach for Cuban hotels [¿Son relevantes las innovaciones para los consumidores en la industria hotelera? Una aproxim," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 15-05, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Aldric Vives & Marta Jacob & Marga Payeras, 2018. "Revenue management and price optimization techniques in the hotel sector," Tourism Economics, , vol. 24(6), pages 720-752, September.
- JoÃ£o Ricardo Faria, 2008. "Demographic and Technological Growth in the Tourism Market," Tourism Economics, , vol. 14(1), pages 115-121, March.
More about this item
Keywordstourism activities; response to prices; market heterogeneity; tourist choice;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DCM-2011-02-26 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-MKT-2011-02-26 (Marketing)
- NEP-TUR-2011-02-26 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lug:wpaper:1101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessio Tutino). General contact details of provider: https://www.bul.sbu.usi.ch .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.