Causes of Efficiency Change in Transition: Theory and Cross-Country Survey Evidence from Agriculture
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vranken, Liesbet & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2007. "Causes of Efficiency Change in Transition: Theory and Cross-Country Survey Evidence from Agriculture," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9442, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Liesbeth Dries & Karen Macours, 2005. "Transition and agricultural labor," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 15-34, January.
- Karen Macours & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2000. "Impact of Initial Conditions and Reform Policies on Agricultural Performance in Central and Eastern Europe, the Former Soviet Union, and East Asia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1149-1155.
- Pingali, Prabhu L & Xuan, Vo-Tong, 1992. "Vietnam: Decollectivization and Rice Productivity Growth," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(4), pages 697-718, July.
- Erik Mathijs & Liesbet Vranken, 2001. "Human Capital, Gender and Organisation in Transition Agriculture: Measuring and Explaining the Technical Efficiency of Bulgarian and Hungarian Farms," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 171-187.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Erik Mathijs & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2001. "Production Organization And Efficiency During Transition: An Empirical Analysis Of East German Agriculture," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 100-107, February.
- Sedik, David & Trueblood, Michael & Arnade, Carlos, 1999. "Corporate Farm Performance in Russia, 1991-1995: An Efficiency Analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 514-533, September.
- repec:oup:revage:v:27:y:2005:i:3:p:405-411. is not listed on IDEAS
- Karen Macours & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2005.
"Agricultural Labor Adjustments in Transition Countries: The Role of Migration and Impact on Poverty,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 405-411.
- Karen Macours & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2005. "Agricultural Labor Adjustments in Transition Countries: The Role of Migration and Impact on Poverty ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 405-411.
- Rizov, Marian & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2004. "Human capital, market imperfections, and labor reallocation in transition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 745-774, December.
- Paul Wilson & Dave Hadley & Stephen Ramsden & Ioannis Kaltsas, 1998. "Measuring and Explaining Technical Efficiency in UK Potato Production," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 294-305.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elodie Douarin & Laure Latruffe, 2011.
"Potential impact of the EU Single Area Payment on farm restructuring and efficiency in Lithuania,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 87-103.
- Elodie Douarin & Laure Latruffe, 2010. "Potential impact of the EU Single Area Payment on farm restructuring and efficiency in Lithuania," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 10-08, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
More about this item
Keywordstransition agriculture; production efficiency; reforms;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-04-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2006-04-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2006-04-29 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lic:licosd:17206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/licosbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.