Impact of Fertility on Objective and Subjective Poverty in Malawi
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mussa, Richard, 2009. "Impact of fertility on objective and subjective poverty in Malawi," MPRA Paper 16089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Birdsall, Nancy M. & Griffin, Charles C., 1988. "Fertility and poverty in developing countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 29-55, April.
- Bronars, Stephen G & Grogger, Jeff, 1994. "The Economic Consequences of Unwed Motherhood: Using Twin Births as a Natural Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1141-1156, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Paul Schultz, T., 1987.
"Fertility and investments in human capital : Estimates of the consequence of imperfect fertility control in Malaysia,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 163-184.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Schultz, T. Paul, 1987. "Fertility and Investments in Human Capital: Estimates of the Consequences of Imperfect Fertility Control in Malaysia," Bulletins 7513, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Jonathan Haughton & Dominique Haughton, 1998. "Are simple tests of son preference useful? An evaluation using data from Vietnam," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(4), pages 495-516.
- Mukherjee, Sanjukta & Benson, Todd, 2003. "The Determinants of Poverty in Malawi, 1998," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 339-358, February.
- Michael Lokshin & Nithin Umapathi & Stefano Paternostro, 2006.
"Robustness of subjective welfare analysis in a poor developing country: Madagascar 2001,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 559-591.
- Lokshin, Michael & Umapathi, Nithin & Paternostro, Stefano, 2004. "Robustness of subjective welfare analysis in a poor developing country - Madagascar 2001," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3191, The World Bank.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and Household Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1415-1434, November.
- Angrist, Joshua D & Evans, William N, 1998.
"Children and Their Parents' Labor Supply: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Family Size,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 450-477, June.
- Joshua D. Angrist & William N. Evans, 1996. "Children and Their Parents' Labor Supply: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Family Size," NBER Working Papers 5778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
- Bokosi, Fanwell Kenala, 2006. "Household Poverty Dynamics in Malawi," MPRA Paper 1222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2002. "Self-rated economic welfare in Russia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1453-1473, September.
- Susan Godlonton & Malcolm Keswell, 2005.
"The Impact Of Health On Poverty: Evidence From The South African Integrated Family Survey,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(1), pages 133-148, March.
- Susan Godlonton & Malcolm Keswell, 2004. "The impact of health on poverty: Evidence from the South African integrated family survey," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 081, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Issues in Measuring and Modelling Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1328-1343, September.
- Pradhan, Menno & Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Measuring poverty using qualitative perceptions of welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2011, The World Bank.
- Geeta G. Kingdon & John Knight, 2003.
"Well-being poverty versus income poverty and capabilities poverty?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2003-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Geeta Kingdon & John Knight, 2004. "Well-being poverty versus income poverty and capabilities poverty?," Development and Comp Systems 0409040, EconWPA.
- Chiara Monfardini & Rosalba Radice, 2008. "Testing Exogeneity in the Bivariate Probit Model: A Monte Carlo Study," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(2), pages 271-282, April.
- Willis, Robert J, 1973. "A New Approach to the Economic Theory of Fertility Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 14-64, Part II, .
- Olsen, Randall J, 1983. "Mortality Rates, Mortality Events, and the Number of Births," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 29-32, May.
- Nabanita Datta Gupta & Amaresh Dubey, 2006. "Fertility and the household's economic status: A natural experiment using Indian micro data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 110-138.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 2002.
"Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 14101, June.
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis," Papers 192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis," Working Papers 217, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Cohen, Barney & House, William J., 1994. "Demographic behavior and poverty: Micro-level evidence from Southern Sudan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1031-1044, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Republic of Malawi Poverty Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 26488, The World Bank.
- Baris Ucar & Gianni Betti, 2016. "The effect of a newborn on household poverty: a multi-indicator analysis," Department of Economics University of Siena 742, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Otavio Henrique dos Santos Figueiredo & Peter Fernades Wanke, 2016. "Peasants’ Poverty and Inequality in Angola," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 751-761, September.
- Onipede Wusu & Emmanuel O. Amoo, 2016. "Fertility Behaviour and Wealth Situation in Nigeria: Evidence from 2013 Demographic and Health Survey," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 1-14, August.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Poverty and Inequality in Malawi: Trends, Prospects, and Policy Simulations," MPRA Paper 75979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- KUEPIE Mathias & SAIDOU HAMADOU Théophile, 2013. "The impact of fertility on household economic status in Cameroon, Mali and Senegal," LISER Working Paper Series 2013-20, LISER.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Contextual Effects of Education on Poverty in Malawi," MPRA Paper 75976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Poverty in Malawi: Policy Analysis with Distributional Changes," MPRA Paper 75980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ldr:wpaper:50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alison Siljeur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sauctza.html .