The Effects of Efficiency and TFP Growth on Nitrogen and Sulphur Emissions in Europe: A Multistage Spatial Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Göran Therborn & K.C. Ho, 2009. "Introduction," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-62, March.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2005. "Bayesian measurement of productivity and efficiency in the presence of undesirable outputs: crediting electric utilities for reducing air pollution," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 445-468, June.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Lovell, C.A. Knox & Zofío, José L., 2009.
"Environmental efficiency measurement with translog distance functions: A parametric approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2232-2242, June.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Knox, C.A. & Zofío, José Luis, 2007. "Environmental Efficiency Measurement with Translog Distance Functions: A Parametric Approach," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2007/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Alexandra Schmidt & Ajax Moreira & Steven Helfand & Thais Fonseca, 2009.
"Spatial stochastic frontier models: accounting for unobserved local determinants of inefficiency,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 101-112, April.
- Alexandra M. Schmidt & Ajax R. B. Moreira & Thais C. O. Fonseca & Steven M. Helfand, 2006. "Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models: accounting for unobserved local determinants of inefficiency," Discussion Papers 1220, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Alexandra M. Schmidt & Ajax R. B. Moreira & Thais C. O. Fonseca & Steven M. Helfand, 2015. "Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models: Accounting for Unobserved Local Determinants of Inefficiency," Discussion Papers 0172, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Cipollini, Andrea & Fiordelisi, Franco, 2012. "Economic value, competition and financial distress in the European banking system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 3101-3109.
- Cole, Matthew A., 2007. "Corruption, income and the environment: An empirical analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 637-647, May.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Tyteca, Daniel, 1996. "An activity analysis model of the environmental performance of firms--application to fossil-fuel-fired electric utilities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 161-175, August.
- Kate Ivanova, 2011. "Corruption and air pollution in Europe," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 49-70, January.
- David Saal & David Parker & Tom Weyman-Jones, 2007. "Determining the contribution of technical change, efficiency change and scale change to productivity growth in the privatized English and Welsh water and sewerage industry: 1985–2000," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 127-139, October.
- Maddison, David, 2006. "Environmental Kuznets curves: A spatial econometric approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 218-230, March.
- Richard T. Carson, 2010. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: Seeking Empirical Regularity and Theoretical Structure," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 3-23, Winter.
- Viliam Druska & William C. Horrace, 2004.
"Generalized Moments Estimation for Spatial Panel Data: Indonesian Rice Farming,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 185-198.
- Viliam Druska & William C. Horrace, 2002. "Generalized Moments Estimation for Spatial Panel Data: Indonesian Rice Farming," Econometrics 0206004, EconWPA, revised 11 May 2003.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Esther PÃ©rez & Karl Pichelmann, 2009.
"Understanding Labour Income Share Dynamics in Europe,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
379, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Arpaia, Alfonso & Pérez, Esther & Pichelmann, Karl, 2009. "Understanding labour income share dynamics in Europe," MPRA Paper 15649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008.
"Technological Change and Transition: Relative Contributions to Worldwide Growth During the 1990s,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(4), pages 461-492, August.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Technological Change and Transition: Relative Contributions to Worldwide Growth during the 1990s," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 740, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Stijn Reinhard & C.A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 1999. "Econometric Estimation of Technical and Environmental Efficiency: An Application to Dutch Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 44-60.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
More about this item
KeywordsTFP Growth; Atmospheric Pollution; Spatial Econometrics; Economic Efficiency;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-10-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2012-10-27 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2012-10-27 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-10-27 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-10-27 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lbo:lbowps:2012_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Huw Edwards). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delbouk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.