A stochastic production frontier model with group-specific temporal variation in technical efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Viliam Druska & William C. Horrace, 2004.
"Generalized Moments Estimation for Spatial Panel Data: Indonesian Rice Farming,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 185-198.
- Viliam Druska & William C. Horrace, 2002. "Generalized Moments Estimation for Spatial Panel Data: Indonesian Rice Farming," Econometrics 0206004, EconWPA, revised 11 May 2003.
- Han, Chirok & Orea, Luis & Schmidt, Peter, 2005.
"Estimation of a panel data model with parametric temporal variation in individual effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 241-267, June.
- Han, Chirok & Orea, Luis & Schmidt, Peter, 2002. "Estimation of a Panel Data Model with Parametric Temporal Variation in Individual Effects," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Peter Schmidt & Chirok Han & Luis Orea, 2004. "Estimation of a Panel Data Model with Parametric Temporal Variation in Individual Effects," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 519, Econometric Society.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Good, David H. & Roller, Lars-Hendrik & Sickles, Robin C., 1995. "Airline efficiency differences between Europe and the US: Implications for the pace of EC integration and domestic regulation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 508-518, February.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Ahn, Seung Chan & Hoon Lee, Young & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "GMM estimation of linear panel data models with time-varying individual effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 219-255, April.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Rafael Cuesta, 2000. "A Production Model With Firm-Specific Temporal Variation in Technical Inefficiency: With Application to Spanish Dairy Farms," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 139-158, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Winston T. & Chen, Yueh H. & Shao, Benjamin B.M., 2015. "Assessing the business values of information technology and e-commerce independently and jointly," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 815-827.
- Young Hoon Lee & David Berri, 2008. "A Re-Examination Of Production Functions And Efficiency Estimates For The National Basketball Association," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(1), pages 51-66, February.
- Young H. Lee, 2014. "Stochastic Frontier Models Using GAUSS," Working Papers 1403, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik & Ian Wright, 2015.
"Expected efficiency ranks from parametric stochastic frontier models,"
Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 829-848, March.
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik, 2013. "Expected Efficiency Ranks From Parametric Stochastic Fronteir Models," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 153, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Pavlos Almanidis & Giannis Karagiannis & Robin Sickles, 2015.
"Semi-nonparametric spline modifications to the Cornwell–Schmidt–Sickles estimator: an analysis of US banking productivity,"
Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 169-191, February.
- Almanidis, Pavlos & Karagiannis, Giannis & Sickles, Robin C., 2015. "Semi-nonparametric Spline Modifications to the Cornwell-Schmidt-Sickles Estimator: An Analysis of U.S. Banking Productivity," Working Papers 15-008, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, Andrew S.J., 2012. "The application of stochastic frontier panel models in economic regulation: Experience from the European rail sector," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 503-515.
- Kim Gui & Pyo K., 2018. "Trade in Intermediate Goods: Implications for Productivity and Welfare in Korea," Working Papers id:12439, eSocialSciences.
- Chen, Yueh H. & Lin, Winston T., 2009. "Analyzing the relationships between information technology, inputs substitution and national characteristics based on CES stochastic frontier production models," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 552-569, August.
- Lin, Winston T. & Chuang, Chia-Hung, 2013. "Investigating and comparing the dynamic patterns of the business value of information technology over time," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 249-261.
- Tsionas, Mike G., 2017. "Microfoundations for stochastic frontiers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 1165-1170.
- Lin, Winston T. & Kao, Ta-Wei (Daniel), 2014. "The partial adjustment valuation approach with dynamic and variable speeds of adjustment to evaluating and measuring the business value of information technology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 208-220.
- Hsu, Chih-Chiang & Lin, Chang-Ching & Yin, Shou-Yung, 2012. "Estimation of a panel stochastic frontier model with unobserved common shocks," MPRA Paper 37313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin, Winston T. & Chiang, Chung-Yean, 2011. "The impacts of country characteristics upon the value of information technology as measured by productive efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 13-33, July.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "Frontier Models and their Application to the Sports Industry," Working Papers 0903, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
- Lee, Young Hoon, 2010. "Group-specific stochastic production frontier models with parametric specifications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 508-517, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:174:y:2006:i:3:p:1616-1630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.