How Sukuk Shapes Firm Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- El-Gamal,Mahmoud A., 2009. "Islamic Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521741262, March.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Jan L. Williams & Alex P. Tang, 2009. "Private placements of convertible securities: stock returns, operating performance and abnormal accruals," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(4), pages 873-899.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1982.
"Corporate Financial Structure and Managerial Incentives,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 107-140
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanford Grossman & Oliver Hart, "undated". "Corporate Financial Structure and Managerial Incentives," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 21-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Allan C. Eberhart & William F. Maxwell & Akhtar R. Siddique, 2004. "An Examination of Long-Term Abnormal Stock Returns and Operating Performance Following R&D Increases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 623-650, April.
- Stephen A. Ross, 1977. "The Determination of Financial Structure: The Incentive-Signalling Approach," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 23-40, Spring.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2016.
"Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 63-76.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Christophe Godlewski & Rima Turk-Ariss & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Do the Type of Sukuk and Choice of Shari'a Scholar Matter?," IMF Working Papers 14/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Erik Lie, 2001. "Detecting Abnormal Operating Performance: Revisited," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 30(2), Summer.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Michael Lemmon & Laura Xiaolei Liu & Mike Qinghao Mao & Greg Nini, 2014. "Securitization and Capital Structure in Nonfinancial Firms: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(4), pages 1787-1825, August.
- Nurwati A. Ahmad-Zaluki & Wan Nordin Wan-Hussin, 2010. "Corporate governance and earnings forecasts accuracy," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 50-67, May.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- John D. Lyon & Brad M. Barber & Chih-Ling Tsai, 1999. "Improved Methods for Tests of Long-Run Abnormal Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 165-201, February.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Ho, Catherine Soke Fun & Abd Rahman, Nurul Afiqah & Yusuf, Noor Hafizha Muhamad & Zamzamin, Zaminor, 2014. "Performance of global Islamic versus conventional share indices: International evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 110-121.
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, August.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt instruments; Islamic finance; Emerging countries.;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2015-05-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2015-05-16 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lar:wpaper:2015-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe J. Godlewski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lastrfr.html .