Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2016. "Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 63-76.
- Christophe Godlewski & Rima Turk-Ariss & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Do the Type of Sukuk and Choice of Shari'a Scholar Matter?," IMF Working Papers 14/147, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Najeeb, Syed Faiq & Ibrahim, Shahul Hameed Mohamed, 2014. "Professionalizing the role of Shari'ah auditors: How Malaysia can generate economic benefits," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 91-109.
- Wilson, Rodney, 2009. "The development of Islamic finance in the GCC," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55281, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saiful Azhar Rosly, 2010. "Shariah parameters reconsidered," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 132-146, June.
- Kedia, Simi & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2011. "Do the SEC's enforcement preferences affect corporate misconduct?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 259-278, April.
- Sattar A. Mansi & William F. Maxwell & Darius P. Miller, 2004. "Does Auditor Quality and Tenure Matter to Investors? Evidence from the Bond Market," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 755-793, September.
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, August.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Byron Song & Judy Tsui, 2013. "Auditor size, tenure, and bank loan pricing," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 75-99, January.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Campbell, Cynthia J. & Cowan, Arnold R. & Salotti, Valentina, 2010. "Multi-country event-study methods," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3078-3090, December.
- Datar, Srikant M. & Feltham, Gerald A. & Hughes, John S., 1991. "The role of audits and audit quality in valuing new issues," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-49, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:10:y:2015:i:3:p:73-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Laurent WEILL & Christophe J. GODLEWSKI, 2015. "How Sukuk Shapes Firm Performance," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2015-05, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Naifar, Nader & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Al dohaiman, Mohamed S., 2016. "Dependence structure between sukuk (Islamic bonds) and stock market conditions: An empirical analysis with Archimedean copulas," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 148-165.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:50-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Rima TURK & Laurent WEILL, 2017. "How Religiosity Shapes Investor Behavior: Sukuk Issuances During Ramadan," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2017-01, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Naifar, Nader & Mroua, Mourad & Bahloul, Slah, 2017. "Do regional and global uncertainty factors affect differently the conventional bonds and sukuk? New evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 65-74.
- Ayturk, Yusuf & Asutay, Mehmet & Aksak, Ercument, 2017. "What explains corporate sukuk primary market spreads?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 141-149.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:73-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:99-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:worlde:v:41:y:2018:i:3:p:699-722 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naifar, Nader & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2016. "Do global financial distress and uncertainties impact GCC and global sukuk return dynamics?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 57-69.
- Mariam El Hamiani Khatat, 2016. "Monetary Policy in the Presence of Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 16/72, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:10:y:2015:i:3:p:1-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nagano, Mamoru, 2017. "Sukuk issuance and information asymmetry: Why do firms issue sukuk?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 142-157.
More about this item
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofitp:2014_021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofitfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.