Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Christophe Godlewski & Rima Turk-Ariss & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Do the Type of Sukuk and Choice of Shari'a Scholar Matter?," IMF Working Papers 14/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Najeeb, Syed Faiq & Ibrahim, Shahul Hameed Mohamed, 2014. "Professionalizing the role of Shari'ah auditors: How Malaysia can generate economic benefits," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 91-109.
- Saiful Azhar Rosly, 2010. "Shariah parameters reconsidered," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 132-146, June.
- Kedia, Simi & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2011. "Do the SEC's enforcement preferences affect corporate misconduct?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 259-278, April.
- Sattar A. Mansi & William F. Maxwell & Darius P. Miller, 2004. "Does Auditor Quality and Tenure Matter to Investors? Evidence from the Bond Market," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 755-793, September.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Byron Song & Judy Tsui, 2013. "Auditor size, tenure, and bank loan pricing," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 75-99, January.
- Datar, Srikant M. & Feltham, Gerald A. & Hughes, John S., 1991. "The role of audits and audit quality in valuing new issues," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-49, March.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Wilson, Rodney, 2009. "The development of Islamic finance in the GCC," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55281, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, August.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Campbell, Cynthia J. & Cowan, Arnold R. & Salotti, Valentina, 2010. "Multi-country event-study methods," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3078-3090, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naifar, Nader & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Al dohaiman, Mohamed S., 2016. "Dependence structure between sukuk (Islamic bonds) and stock market conditions: An empirical analysis with Archimedean copulas," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 148-165.
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Rima TURK & Laurent WEILL, 2017. "How Religiosity Shapes Investor Behavior: Sukuk Issuances During Ramadan," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2017-01, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Naifar, Nader & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2016. "Do global financial distress and uncertainties impact GCC and global sukuk return dynamics?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 57-69.
- Nagano, Mamoru, 2017. "Sukuk issuance and information asymmetry: Why do firms issue sukuk?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 142-157.
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Laurent WEILL & Christophe J. GODLEWSKI, 2015. "How Sukuk Shapes Firm Performance," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2015-05, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:50-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naifar, Nader & Mroua, Mourad & Bahloul, Slah, 2017. "Do regional and global uncertainty factors affect differently the conventional bonds and sukuk? New evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 65-74.
- Ayturk, Yusuf & Asutay, Mehmet & Aksak, Ercument, 2017. "What explains corporate sukuk primary market spreads?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 141-149.
- Mariam El Hamiani Khatat, 2016. "Monetary Policy in the Presence of Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 16/72, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial instruments; Islamic finance; Shari’a scholars;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:132:y:2016:i:s:p:63-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .