Why Do Companies Issue Sukuk?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnoud W. A. Boot & Radhakrishnan Gopalan & Anjan V. Thakor, 2008.
"Market Liquidity, Investor Participation, and Managerial Autonomy: Why Do Firms Go Private?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(4), pages 2013-2059, August.
- Arnoud W.A. Boot & Radhakrishnan Gopaian & Anjan V. Thakor, 2006. "Market Liquidity, Investor Participation and Managerial Autonomy: Why do Firms go Private?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-011/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Gopalan, Radhakrishnan & Thakor, Anjan, 2006. "Market Liquidity, Investor Participation and Managerial Autonomy: Why Do Firms Go Private?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5510, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Esho, Neil & Lam, Yung & Sharpe, Ian G., 2001. "Choice of Financing Source in International Debt Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 276-305, July.
- Azmat, Saad & Skully, Michael & Brown, Kym, 2014. "Issuer's choice of Islamic bond type," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 122-135.
- Yener Altunbas & Alper Kara & David Marques-Ibanez, 2010.
"Large debt financing: syndicated loans versus corporate bonds,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 437-458.
- Altunbas, Yener & Kara, Alper & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2009. "Large debt financing: syndicated loans versus corporate bonds," Working Paper Series 1028, European Central Bank.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Stephen A. Ross, 1977. "The Determination of Financial Structure: The Incentive-Signalling Approach," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 23-40, Spring.
- Stein, Jeremy C., 1992. "Convertible bonds as backdoor equity financing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 3-21, August.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen & Sajjad Zaheer, 2013. "Sukuk Defaults: On Distress Resolution in Islamic Finance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-087/VI/DSF57, Tinbergen Institute.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1992.
"Measurement Distortion and Missing Contingencies in Optimal Contracts,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Allen, F. & Gale, D., 1990. "Measurement Distortion And Missing Contingencies In Optimal Contracts," Weiss Center Working Papers 26-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Boyd, John H. & Smith, Bruce D., 1999.
"The Use of Debt and Equity in Optimal Financial Contracts,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 270-316, October.
- John H. Boyd & Bruce D. Smith, 1996. "The use of debt and equity in optimal financial contracts," Working Papers 537, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Denis, David J. & Mihov, Vassil T., 2003. "The choice among bank debt, non-bank private debt, and public debt: evidence from new corporate borrowings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 3-28, October.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2009.
"Securitisation and the bank lending channel,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 996-1009, November.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2007. "Securitisation and the bank lending channel," Working Paper Series 838, European Central Bank.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marques, 2008. "Securitization and the bank lending channel," Proceedings 1101, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marquï¿½s, 2007. "Securitisation and the bank lending channel," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 653, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1991. "Debt Maturity Structure and Liquidity Risk," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 709-737.
- Timur Kuran, 1995. "Islamic Economics and the Islamic Subeconomy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 155-173, Fall.
- Kuran, T., 1995. "Islamic Economics and the Islamic Subeconomy," Papers 9505, Southern California - Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nagano, Mamoru, 2017. "Sukuk issuance and information asymmetry: Why do firms issue sukuk?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 142-157.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:10:y:2015:i:3:p:1-28 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-04-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2016-04-16 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-SEA-2016-04-16 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lar:wpaper:2016-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe J. Godlewski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lastrfr.html .