Bifurcation Analysis of Zellner's Marshallian Macroeconomic Model
The Marshallian Macroeconomic Model in Zellner and Israilevich (2005) provides a novel way to examine sectoral dynamics through the introduction of a dynamic entry/exit equation in addition to the usual demand and supply functions found in models of this class. In this paper we examine the possibility of cyclical behavior in the Marshallian Macroeconomic Model and investigate the existence of a Hopf bifurcation with respect to the parameter in the entry/exit equation.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:||Apr 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 415 Snow Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045|
Phone: (785) 864-3501
Fax: (785) 864-5270
Web page: http://www2.ku.edu/~kuwpaper/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barnett, William A. & He, Susan, 2010.
"Existence of singularity bifurcation in an Euler-equations model of the United States economy: Grandmont was right,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1345-1354, November.
- Barnett, William A. & He, Susan, 2009. "Existence of Singularity Bifurcation in an Euler-Equations Model of the United States Economy: Grandmont was Right," MPRA Paper 12803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- He, Yijun & Barnett, William A., 2006.
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-22, March.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims, 1994.
"Toward a Modern Macroeconomic Model Usable for Policy Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
4761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims, 1994. "Toward a Modern Macroeconomic Model Usable for Policy Analysis," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1994, Volume 9, pages 81-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims, 1994. "Toward a modern macroeconomic model usable for policy analysis," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 94-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:kan:wpaper:200811 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrom, A. R. & Nowman, K. B. & Wymer, C. R., 1992. "Gaussian estimation of a second order continuous time macroeconometric model of the UK," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 313-351, October.
- Barnett, William A. & Duzhak, Evgeniya Aleksandrovna, 2008.
"Non-robust dynamic inferences from macroeconometric models: Bifurcation stratification of confidence regions,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3817-3825.
- Barnett, William A. & Duzhak, Evgeniya A., 2007. "Non-Robust Dynamic Inferences from Macroeconometric Models: Bifurcation Stratification of Confidence Regions," MPRA Paper 6005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barnett, William A. & Duzhak, Evgeniya, 2006. "Non-Robust Dynamic Inferences from Macroeconometric Models: Bifurcation Stratification of Confidence Regions," MPRA Paper 402, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barnett, William A. & Duzhak, Evgeniya A., 2008.
"Empirical assessment of bifurcation regions within new Keynesian models,"
11249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Evgeniya Duzhak, 2010. "Empirical assessment of bifurcation regions within New Keynesian models," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 99-128, October.
- Zellner, Arnold & Israilevich, Guillermo, 2005. "Marshallian Macroeconomic Model: A Progress Report," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 220-243, April.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985.
"On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- Gary Mongiovi & Christof RÃ¼hl (ed.), 0. "Macroeconomic Theory," Books, Edward Elgar, number 322.
- Michele Boldrin & Michael Woodford, 1988.
"Equilibruim Models Displaying Endogenous Fluctuations and Chaos: A Survey,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
530, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Boldrin, Michele & Woodford, Michael, 1990. "Equilibrium models displaying endogenous fluctuations and chaos : A survey," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 189-222, March.
- Zellner, Arnold & Israilevich, Guillermo, 2005. "The Marshallian macroeconomic model: A progress report," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 627-645.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H., 1982. "A characterization of erratic dynamics in, the overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-55, November.
- Barnett, William A. & He, Yijun, 2002. "Stabilization Policy As Bifurcation Selection: Would Stabilization Policy Work If The Economy Really Were Unstable?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(05), pages 713-747, November.
- Veloce, William & Zellner, Arnold, 1985. "Entry and empirical demand and supply analysis for competitive industries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 459-471.
- Benhabib, Jess & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1979. "The hopf bifurcation and the existence and stability of closed orbits in multisector models of optimal economic growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 421-444, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:201102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.