The Determinants of Technology Adoption:The Case of the Rice Sector in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gine, Xavier & Klonner, Stefan, 2005.
"Credit constraints as a barrier to technology adoption by the poor : lessons from South Indian small-scale fishery,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3665, The World Bank.
- Gine, Xavier & Klonner, Stefan, 2006. "Credit Constraints as a Barrier to Technology Adoption by the Poor: Lessons from South-Indian Small-Scale Fishery," WIDER Working Paper Series 104, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kajisa, Kei & Payongayong, Ellen, 2011.
"Potential of and constraints to the rice Green Revolution in Mozambique: A case study of the Chokwe irrigation scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 614-625, October.
- Kajisa, Kei & Payongayong, Ellen, 2011. "Potential of and constraints to the rice Green Revolution in Mozambique: A case study of the Chokwe irrigation scheme," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 615-626.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2010. "Microeconomics of Technology Adoption," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 395-424, September.
- Christine M. Moser & Christopher B. Barrett, 2006.
"The complex dynamics of smallholder technology adoption: the case of SRI in Madagascar,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 373-388, November.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "The Complex Dynamics Of Smallholder Technology Adoption: The Case Of Sri In Madagascar," Working Papers 14735, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Takeshi SAKURAI, 2006. "Intensification Of Rainfed Lowland Rice Production In West Africa: Present Status And Potential Green Revolution," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 232-251.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Yoko Kijima, 2010. "Technology Policies for a Green Revolution and Agricultural Transformation in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(suppl_2), pages 60-76.
- Nakano, Yuko & Kajisa, Kei, 2012. "How does the Adoption of Modern Variety increase Productivity and Income? : A Case of the Rice Sector in Tanzania," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124924, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Seck, Papa A. & Tollens, Eric & Wopereis, Marco C.S. & Diagne, Aliou & Bamba, Ibrahim, 2010. "Rising trends and variability of rice prices: Threats and opportunities for sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 403-411, October.
- Kijima, Yoko & Otsuka, Keijiro & Sserunkuuma, Dick, 2011. "An Inquiry into Constraints on a Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of NERICA Rice in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Carter, Michael R., 1989. "The impact of credit on peasant productivity and differentiation in Nicaragua," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 13-36, July.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Kalirajan, Kaliappa P., 2005. "Special Edition on An Exploration of a Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 2(1).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2014. "Understanding the agricultural input landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa : recent plot, household, and community-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7014, The World Bank.
- Kijima, Yoko, 2014. "Enhancing Rice Production in Uganda: Impact Evaluation of a Training Program and Guidebook Distribution in Uganda," Working Papers 80, JICA Research Institute.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology adoption ; Green Revolution ; Sub-Saharan Africa ; Tanzania;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-04-27 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-04-27 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jic:wpaper:58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Japan International Cooperation Agency Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/jicgvjp.html .