Evaluating Specification Tests in the Context of Value-Added Estimation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jesse Rothstein, 2010.
"Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 175-214.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," Working Papers 1058, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Education Research Section..
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 14442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cassandra M. Guarino & Mark D. Reckase & Jeffrey M. Woolrdige, 2014.
"Can Value-Added Measures of Teacher Performance Be Trusted?,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, vol. 10(1), pages 117-156, November.
- Guarino, Cassandra M. & Reckase, Mark D. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2012. "Can Value-Added Measures of Teacher Performance Be Trusted?," IZA Discussion Papers 6602, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- McClain, Katherine T. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "A simple test for the consistency of dynamic linear regression in rational distributed lag models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(3-4), pages 235-240, June.
- Josh Kinsler, 2012. "Assessing Rothstein's critique of teacher value‐added models," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 3(2), pages 333-362, July.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 3-33, February.
- Cory Koedel & Julian R. Betts, 2011.
"Does Student Sorting Invalidate Value-Added Models of Teacher Effectiveness? An Extended Analysis of the Rothstein Critique,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, pages 18-42.
- Cory Koedel & Julian Betts, 2009. "Does Student Sorting Invalidate Value-Added Models of Teacher Effectiveness? An Extended Analysis of the Rothstein Critique," Working Papers 0902, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ost, Ben & Schiman, Jeffrey C., 2017. "Workload and teacher absence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 20-30.
- Seth Gershenson & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2016. "Linking Teacher Quality, Student Attendance, and Student Achievement," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 11(2), pages 125-149, Spring.
- Gershenson, Seth, 2016. "Should Value-Added Models Control for Student Absences?," IZA Discussion Papers 9978, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsteacher labor markets; teacher quality; value-added;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7974. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.