Minimum Wage: Does It Improve Welfare in Thailand?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Margherita Comola & Luiz De Mello, 2011.
"How Does Decentralized Minimum Wage Setting Affect Employment And Informality? The Case Of Indonesia,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 79-99, May.
- Margherita Comola & Luis De Mello, 2011. "How does Decentralized Minimum Wage Setting affect Employment and Informality? The case of Indonesia," Post-Print halshs-00754540, HAL.
- Margherita Comola & Luiz De Mello, 2011. "How does Decentralized Minimum Wage Setting affect Employment and Informality? The case of Indonesia," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00684165, HAL.
- David Neumark & William L. Wascher, 2008. "Minimum Wages," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262141027, January.
- Del Carpio, Ximena & Nguyen, Ha & Wang, Liang Choon, 2012. "Does the minimum wage affect employment ? evidence from the manufacturing sector in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6147, The World Bank.
- Dickens, Richard & Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 1999.
"The Effects of Minimum Wages on Employment: Theory and Evidence from Britain,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Richard Dickens & Stephen Machin & Alan Manning, 1994. "The Effects of Minimum Wages on Employment: Theory and Evidence from Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0183, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2010. "The Impact of a Minimum Wage Increase on Employment, Wages and Expenditures of Low-Wage Workers in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 36751, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Aug 2011.
- Magruder, Jeremy R., 2013. "Can minimum wages cause a big push? Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 48-62.
- Katherine Terrell & Rita K. Almeida, 2008. "Minimum Wages in Developing Countries : Helping or Hurting Workers?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11742, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wiggins, Steve & Keats, Sharada, 2015. "Rural Wages in Asia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212615, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kenn Ariga, 2016. "Minimum wage through the looking glass," KIER Working Papers 927, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Nidhiya Menon & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers, 2017. "The Impact of the Minimum Wage on Male and Female Employment and Earnings in India," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 34(1), pages 28-64, March.
More about this item
Keywordsminimum wage; household consumption; poverty; employment; uncovered sector;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2014-02-08 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2014-02-08 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2014-02-08 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SEA-2014-02-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.