The Transformation of Hunger Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Floud,Roderick & Fogel,Robert W. & Harris,Bernard & Hong,Sok Chul, 2011. "The Changing Body," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521705615.
- Ian Gazeley & Andrew Newell, 2015.
"Urban working-class food consumption and nutrition in Britain in 1904,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 68(1), pages 101-122, February.
- Andrew Newell & Ian Gazeley, 2012. "Urban Working-Class Food Consumption and Nutrition in Britain in 1904," Working Paper Series 4712, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Gazeley, Ian & Newell, Andrew T., 2012. "Urban Working-Class Food Consumption and Nutrition in Britain in 1904," IZA Discussion Papers 6988, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Ogundari, Kolawole & Abdulai, Awudu, 2012. "A meta-analysis of the response of calorie demand to income changes," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123287, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Logan, Trevon D., 2006. "Nutrition and Well-Being in the Late Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(02), pages 313-341, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBritain; late 19th century; worker's households; living standards; nutrition;
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-03-23 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2013-03-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LTV-2013-03-23 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.