The Transformation of Hunger Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Floud,Roderick & Fogel,Robert W. & Harris,Bernard & Hong,Sok Chul, 2011. "The Changing Body," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521705615.
- Ian Gazeley & Andrew Newell, 2015.
"Urban working-class food consumption and nutrition in Britain in 1904,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 68(1), pages 101-122, February.
- Andrew Newell & Ian Gazeley, 2012. "Urban Working-Class Food Consumption and Nutrition in Britain in 1904," Working Paper Series 4712, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Gazeley, Ian & Newell, Andrew T., 2012. "Urban Working-Class Food Consumption and Nutrition in Britain in 1904," IZA Discussion Papers 6988, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Ogundari, Kolawole & Abdulai, Awudu, 2012. "A meta-analysis of the response of calorie demand to income changes," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123287, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Logan, Trevon D., 2006. "Nutrition and Well-Being in the Late Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(02), pages 313-341, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBritain; late 19th century; worker's households; living standards; nutrition;
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-03-23 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2013-03-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LTV-2013-03-23 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .