Fuelling Calorie Intake Decline: Household-Level Evidence from Rural India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Raghav Gaiha & Raghbendra Jha & Vani S. Kulkarni, 2009. "How Pervasive is Eating Out in India?," ASARC Working Papers 2009-17, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Narasimha Rao, M. & Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2007. "Variations in energy use by Indian households: An analysis of micro level data," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 143-153.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- Rasmus Heltberg & Thomas Channing Arndt & Nagothu Udaya Sekhar, 2000. "Fuelwood Consumption and Forest Degradation: A Household Model for Domestic Energy Substitution in Rural India," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 213-232.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Sharma, Anurag, 2009. "Calorie and Micronutrient Deprivation and Poverty Nutrition Traps in Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 982-991, May.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_price_trends_in_india_version_3_jan_08_all is not listed on IDEAS
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
- Balakrishnan, Pulapre, 2010. "Economic Growth in India: History and Prospect," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198065470.
- Viswanathan, Brinda & Kavi Kumar, K. S., 2005. "Cooking fuel use patterns in India: 1983-2000," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1021-1036, May.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2003. "Is the Calorie-Income Elasticity Sensitive to Price Changes? Evidence from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1291-1307, July.
- Raghav Gaiha & Raghbendra Jha & Vani S. Kulkarni, 2010. "Affluence, Obesity and Non-Communicable Diseases in India," ASARC Working Papers 2010-08, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Deepankar Basu & Amit Basole, 2012.
"The Calorie Consumption Puzzle in India: An Empirical Investigation,"
wp285, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Deepankar Basu & Amit Basole, 2012. "The Calorie Consumption Puzzle in India: An Empirical Investigation," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2012-07, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Gundimeda, Haripriya & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2008. "Fuel demand elasticities for energy and environmental policies: Indian sample survey evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 517-546, March.
- Cooke, Priscilla & Köhlin, Gunnar & Hyde, William F., 2008. "Fuelwood, forests and community management – evidence from household studies," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 103-135, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9781-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deepankar Basu & Debarshi Das, 2014. "Social Hierarchies and Public Distribution of Food in Rural India," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2014-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Bhagowalia, Priya & Chandna, Arjita, 2016. "Food Subsidies and Nutritional Status: Evidence from ICRISAT Data," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235760, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David, 2016.
"Matching food with mouths: A statistical explanation to the abnormal decline of per capita food consumption in rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 36-43.
- Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David G., 2015. "Matching Food with Mouths: A Statistical Explanation to the Abnormal Decline of Per Capita Food Consumption in Rural China," Discussion Papers 198717, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Meenakshi J V, 2016.
"Trends and Patterns in the Triple Burden of Malnutrition in India,"
- J.V. Meenakshi, 2016. "Trends And Patterns In The Triple Burden Of Malnutrition In India," Working papers 256, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Brinda Viswanathan, 2016. "Kerosene Consumption in India: Welfare and Environmental Issues," Working Papers 2016-138, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Amit Basole & Deepankar Basu, 2015. "Non-Food Expenditures and Consumption Inequality in India," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-06, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Basu, Deepankar & Das, Debarshi, 2015. "Service Sector Growth in India: A View from Households," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-10, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscalorie consumption puzzle; Asia; India; instrumental variable method;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:68:y:2015:i:c:p:82-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.