The Calorie Consumption Puzzle in India: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deepankar Basu & Amit Basole, 2012. "The Calorie Consumption Puzzle in India: An Empirical Investigation," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2012-07, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Balakrishnan, Pulapre, 2010. "Economic Growth in India: History and Prospect," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198065470.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maitra, Chandana & Rao, D.S. Prasada, 2015.
"Poverty–Food Security Nexus: Evidence from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 308-325.
- Chandana Maitra & Prof. D.S Prasada Rao, 2014. "Poverty-Food Security Nexus: Evidences from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata," Discussion Papers Series 512, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Basole, Amit & Basu, Deepankar, 2015. "Fuelling Calorie Intake Decline: Household-Level Evidence from Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 82-95.
- Clément Bellet, 2017. "Essays on Inequality, Social Preferences and Consumer Behavior," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/vbu6kd1s68o, Sciences Po.
- Chandana Maitra & Prasada Rao, 2014. "An Empirical Investigation into Measurement and Determinants of Food Security in Slums of Kolkata," Discussion Papers Series 531, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Kaushal, Neeraj & Muchomba, Felix M., 2015. "How Consumer Price Subsidies affect Nutrition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 25-42.
- Smith, Lisa C., 2015. "The great Indian calorie debate: Explaining rising undernourishment during India’s rapid economic growth," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 53-67.
- Kolady, Deepthi & Srivastava, Shivendra & Singh, Jaspal, 2016. "Can agricultural growth explain the reversal of a declining trend in per capita calorie consumption in India?," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235862, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Clément Bellet & Eve Sihra, 2016. "Less Food for More Status: Caste Inequality and Conspicuous Consumption in India," Sciences Po publications 56, Sciences Po.
- Chandana Maitra & Sriram Shankar & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2016. "Income Poor or Calorie Poor? Who should get the Subsidy?," Discussion Papers Series 564, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:qld:uq2004:508 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eve Sihra, 2017. "Consumption, Social Interactions and Preferences," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1ej8deo44v9, Sciences Po.
- Sumit Mahajan & Alfonso Sousa-Poza & K. Datta, 2015. "Differential effects of rising food prices on Indian households differing in income," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(5), pages 1043-1053, October.
- Shari Eli & Nicholas Li, 2015. "Caloric Requirements and Food Consumption Patterns of the Poor," NBER Working Papers 21697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordscalorie consumption puzzle; India; panel data;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:periwp:wp285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .