Food Subsidies and Nutritional Status: Evidence from ICRISAT Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Pandey, Manoj K. & Kaicker, Nidhi, 2013.
"Food subsidy, income transfer and the poor: A comparative analysis of the public distribution system in India's states,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 887-908.
- Raghbendra Jha & Raghav Gaiha & Manoj K. Pandey & Nidhi Kaicker, 2011. "Food Subsidy, Income Transfer and the Poor: A Comparative Analysis of the Public Distribution System in India's States," ASARC Working Papers 2011-16, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1989. "Estimating the Value of an In-Kind Transfer: The Case of Food Stamps," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 385-409, March.
- Hidrobo, Melissa & Hoddinott, John & Peterman, Amber & Margolies, Amy & Moreira, Vanessa, 2014.
"Cash, food, or vouchers? Evidence from a randomized experiment in northern Ecuador,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 144-156.
- Hidrobo, Melissa & Hoddinott, John F. & Peterman, Amber & Margolies, Amy & Moreira, Vanessa, 2012. "Cash, food, or vouchers?: Evidence from a randomized experiment in northern Ecuador," IFPRI discussion papers 1234, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pitt, Mark M, 1983. "Food Preferences and Nutrition in Rural Bangladesh," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 105-114, February.
- Kochar, Anjini, 2005. "Can Targeted Food Programs Improve Nutrition? An Empirical Analysis of India's Public Distribution System," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 203-235, October.
- Jere R. Behrman & Anil B. Deolalikar, 1990. "The Intrahousehold Demand for Nutrients in Rural South India: Individual Estimates, Fixed Effects, and Permanent Income," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 665-696.
- Ahluwalia, Deepak, 1993. "Public distribution of food in India : Coverage, targeting and leakages," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 33-54, February.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Aubert, Dominique, 2004. "A cross-section analysis of household demand for food and nutrients in Tanzania," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 67-79, July.
- Basole, Amit & Basu, Deepankar, 2015. "Fuelling Calorie Intake Decline: Household-Level Evidence from Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 82-95.
- J. Gibson & S. Rozelle, 2002.
"How Elastic is Calorie Demand? Parametric, Nonparametric, and Semiparametric Results for Urban Papua New Guinea,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 23-46.
- Gibson, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2000. "How Elastic Is Calorie Demand? Parametric, Nonparametric, And Semiparametric Results For Urban Papua New Guinea," Working Papers 11961, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Roberts, Cleo & Randriamamonjy, Josee, 2012. "Resource-Rich Yet Malnourished: Analysis of the demand for food nutrients in the Democratic Republic of Congo," IFPRI discussion papers 1154, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Nasreen, Mahbuba & Hoddinott, John F. & Bryan, Elizabeth, 2009. "Comparing Food and Cash Transfers to the Ultra-Poor in Bangladesh," Research reports 163, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Raghav Gaiha & Raghbendra Jha & Vani S. Kulkarni, 2010. "Prices, Expenditure and Nutrition in India," ASARC Working Papers 2010-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Subsidy; nutrition; calorie; ICRISAT; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-06-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-06-09 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea16:235760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.