Fuel stacking in India: Changes in the cooking and lighting mix, 1987–2010
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Narasimha Rao, M. & Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2007. "Variations in energy use by Indian households: An analysis of micro level data," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 143-153.
- van der Kroon, Bianca & Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter J.H., 2013. "The energy ladder: Theoretical myth or empirical truth? Results from a meta-analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 504-513.
- Sehjpal, Ritika & Ramji, Aditya & Soni, Anmol & Kumar, Atul, 2014. "Going beyond incomes: Dimensions of cooking energy transitions in rural India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 470-477.
- Dreze, Jean & Sen, Amartya, 2002. "India: Development and Participation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199257492.
- Hosier, Richard H. & Dowd, Jeffrey, 1987. "Household fuel choice in Zimbabwe : An empirical test of the energy ladder hypothesis," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 347-361, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2000. "From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2083-2103, December.
- Andadari, Roos Kities & Mulder, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2014. "Energy poverty reduction by fuel switching. Impact evaluation of the LPG conversion program in Indonesia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 436-449.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
- van 't Veld, Klaas & Narain, Urvashi & Gupta, Shreekant & Chopra, Neetu & Singh, Supriya, 2006. "India's Firewood Crisis Re-examined," Discussion Papers dp-06-25, Resources For the Future.
- Viswanathan, Brinda & Kavi Kumar, K. S., 2005. "Cooking fuel use patterns in India: 1983-2000," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1021-1036, May.
- Wickramasinghe, Anoja, 2011. "Energy access and transition to cleaner cooking fuels and technologies in Sri Lanka: Issues and policy limitations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7567-7574.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2004. "Fuel switching: evidence from eight developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 869-887, September.
- Min, Brian & Golden, Miriam, 2014. "Electoral cycles in electricity losses in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 619-625.
- Sagar, Ambuj D., 2005. "Alleviating energy poverty for the world's poor," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1367-1372, July.
- Leach, Gerald, 1992. "The energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 116-123, February.
- Arnold, J.E. Michael & Kohlin, Gunnar & Persson, Reidar, 2006. "Woodfuels, livelihoods, and policy interventions: Changing Perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 596-611, March.
- Michael G. Smith & Johannes Urpelainen, 2014. "Early Adopters of Solar Panels in Developing Countries: Evidence from Tanzania," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 31(1), pages 17-37, January.
- Gundimeda, Haripriya & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2008. "Fuel demand elasticities for energy and environmental policies: Indian sample survey evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 517-546, March.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Spreng, Daniel, 2011. "Measuring and monitoring energy poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7497-7504.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2005. "Factors determining household fuel choice in Guatemala," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 337-361, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Banerjee, Manjushree & Prasad, Rakesh & Rehman, Ibrahim H & Gill, Bigsna, 2016. "Induction stoves as an option for clean cooking in rural India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 159-167.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:121:y:2018:i:c:p:25-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:609-:d:95839 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:429-439 is not listed on IDEAS
- D'Agostino, Anthony L. & Urpelainen, Johannes & Xu, Alice, 2015. "Socio-economic determinants of charcoal expenditures in Tanzania: Evidence from panel data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 472-481.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2016.
"Household Fuel Use in Developing Countries: Review of Theory and Evidence,"
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2016. "Household Fuel Use in Developing Countries: Review of Theory and Evidence," AMSE Working Papers 1613, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Mar 2016.
- Aklin, Michaël & Bayer, Patrick & Harish, S.P. & Urpelainen, Johannes, 2015. "Quantifying slum electrification in India and explaining local variation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 203-212.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:72:y:2018:i:c:p:35-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:2:p:469-:d:198483 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:466-477 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:122:y:2018:i:c:p:395-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:449-463 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:157:y:2018:i:c:p:658-668 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; Fuel stacking; Lighting; Cooking; Household surveys; Energy access;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:76:y:2014:i:c:p:306-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.