Why Are So Many Disabled Individuals Not Working in Spain? A Job Search Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan & David S. Lyle, 2011. "Battle Scars? The Puzzling Decline in Employment and Rise in Disability Receipt among Vietnam Era Veterans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 339-344, May.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001.
"Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan, 2006.
"The Growth in the Social Security Disability Rolls: A Fiscal Crisis Unfolding,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 71-96, Summer.
- David Autor & Mark Duggan, 2006. "The Growth in the Social Security Disability Rolls: A Fiscal Crisis Unfolding," NBER Working Papers 12436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie, Olivier & Vall Castello, Judit, 2012.
"Measuring the (income) effect of disability insurance generosity on labour market participation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 198-210.
- Marie, O. & Vall Castello, J., 2011. "Measuring the (income) effect of disability insurance generosity on labour market participation," Research Memorandum 050, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Marie Olivier & Vall Castello Judit, 2011. "Measuring the (Income) Effect of Disability Insurance Generosity on Labour Market Participation," ROA Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Olivier Marie & Judit Vall Castello, 2011. "Measuring the (Income) Effect of Disability Insurance Generosity on Labour Market Participation," CEP Discussion Papers dp1094, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Marie, O. & Vall Castello, J., 2011. "Measuring the (income) effect of disability insurance generosity on labour market participation," ROA Research Memorandum 12, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Vall Castello, Judit, 2012.
"Promoting employment of disabled women in Spain; Evaluating a policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 82-91.
- Judit Vall Castello, 2010. "Promoting Employment of Disabled Women in Spain; Evaluating a Policy," Working Papers 2010-10, FEDEA.
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan, 2007. "Distinguishing Income from Substitution Effects in Disability Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 119-124, May.
- Hugo Benítez-Silva & Frank Heiland, 2007. "The social security earnings test and work incentives," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 527-555.
- John T. Addison & Mário Centeno & Pedro Portugal, 2004.
"Key Elasticities in Job Search Theory: International Evidence,"
w200412, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Addison, John T. & Centeno, Mario & Portugal, Pedro, 2004. "Key Elasticities in Job Search Theory: International Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 1314, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Boyle, Melissa A. & Lahey, Joanna N., 2010. "Health insurance and the labor supply decisions of older workers: Evidence from a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs expansion," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(7-8), pages 467-478, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:labeco:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:23-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eva Frutos & Judit Castello, 2015. "Equal health, equal work? The role of disability benefits in employment after controlling for health status," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(3), pages 329-340, April.
- Silva, José I. & Vall-Castello, Judit, 2012. "Evaluating the Impact of a Reduction in the Generosity of Disability Benefits: The 2008 Spanish Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 6482, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jose I. Silva & Judit Vall-Castello, 2013. "Partial Disability System and Labor Market Adjustment: The Case of Spain," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 13-201, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
More about this item
Keywordsjob search model; disability benefits; duration analysis;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-02-20 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2012-02-20 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-HEA-2012-02-20 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-02-20 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.