Long Shadows of History: Persecution in Central Europe and Its Labor Market Consequences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827, March.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297, April.
- Altonji, Joseph G. & Blank, Rebecca M., 1999. "Race and gender in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 48, pages 3143-3259 Elsevier.
- Bohacek, Radim & Myck, MichaÅ‚, 2010. "Persecution in Central Europe and its Consequences on the Lives of SHARE Respondents," MEA discussion paper series 10233, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- repec:fth:prinin:310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole Halmdienst & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2013.
"Long-Run Effects of Childhood Shocks on Health in Late Adulthood: Evidence from the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe,"
Economics working papers
2013-02, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Nicole Halmdienst & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2013. "Long-Run Effects of Childhood Shocks on Health in Late Adulthood: Evidence from the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe," NRN working papers 2013-01, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Bertoni, Marco, 2015. "Hungry today, unhappy tomorrow? Childhood hunger and subjective wellbeing later in life," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 40-53.
- Gürtzgen, Nicole & Hank, Karsten, 2015. "The labor market consequences of political imprisonment in the former GDR," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113134, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bohacek, Radim & Myck, Michal, 2017. "Economic Consequences of Political Persecution," IZA Discussion Papers 11136, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordslabor discrimination; persecution; job satisfaction; life histories; history of Central Europe;
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- N44 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: 1913-
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2011-12-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2011-12-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-12-13 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-TRA-2011-12-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .