The Male-Female Gap in Physician Earnings: Evidence from a Public Health Insurance System
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Engelbert Theurl & Hannes Winner, 2011. "The male–female gap in physician earnings: evidence from a public health insurance system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(10), pages 1184-1200, October.
- Theurl, Engelbert & Winner, Hannes, 2010. "The male-female gap in physician earnings: Evidence from a public health insurance system," Working Papers in Economics 2010-15, University of Salzburg.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weeks, William B. & Paraponaris, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno, 2013.
"Sex-based differences in income and response to proposed financial incentives among general practitioners in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 199-205.
- William B. Weeks & Alain Paraponaris & Bruno Ventelou, 2013. "Sex-based differences in income and response to proposed financial incentives among general practitioners in France," Post-Print hal-01500861, HAL.
- Gächter, Martin & Schwazer, Peter & Theurl, Engelbert & Winner, Hannes, 2012.
"Physician density in a two-tiered health care system,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 257-268.
- Gächter, Martin & Schwazer, Peter & Theurl, Engelbert & Winner, Hannes, 2011. "Physician Density in a Two-Tiered Health Care System," Working Papers in Economics 2011-5, University of Salzburg.
- Schurer, Stefanie & Kühnle, Daniel & Scott, Anthony & Cheng, Terence Chai, 2012.
"One Man's Blessing, Another Woman's Curse? Family Factors and the Gender-Earnings Gap of Doctors,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefanie Schurer & Daniel Kuehnle & Anthony Scott & Terence Chai Cheng, 2012. "One Man's Blessing, Another Woman's Curse? Family Factors and the Gender-Earnings Gap of Doctors," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n24, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Wang, Chao & Sweetman, Arthur, 2013. "Gender, family status and physician labour supply," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 17-25.
- Stefanie Schurer & Daniel Kuehnle & Anthony Scott & Terence C. Cheng, 2016. "A Man's Blessing or a Woman's Curse? The Family Earnings Gap of Doctors," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 385-414, July.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Hole, Arne Risa & Santos, Rita, 2011.
"Measuring and testing for gender discrimination in physician pay: English family doctors,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 660-674, July.
- Hugh Gravelle & Arne Risa Hole & Rita Santos, 2011. "Measuring and testing for gender discrimination in physician pay: English family doctors," Discussion Papers 11/05, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11717 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHealth care financing; physician earnings; wage composition;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2010-02-13 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2010-02-13 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2010-02-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:nrnwps:2010_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aclawat.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .