Duration of Low Wage Employment: A Study Based on a Survival Model
This paper includes a survival analysis which attempts to explain the duration, as in the number of years a worker remains in a low wage situation. Explanatory variables take into account the characteristics of the employee, such as education, age, tenure with the company, gender and nationality, and the characteristics of the job and the company such as industry affiliation, number of employees, age of the company and location.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming in International Journal of Social Economics|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Bazen, 2001. "Youth and Earnings Mobility: the Case of France in a comparative Framework," LoWER Working Papers wp3, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Stewart, Mark B & Swaffield, Joanna K, 1999.
"Low Pay Dynamics and Transition Probabilities,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(261), pages 23-42, February.
- Stewart, M.B. & Swaffield, J.K., 1997. "Low Pay Dynamics and Transition Probabilities," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 495, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- John Goddard & Peter J. Sloane, 2005. "Economics of sport," Chapters,in: Economics Uncut, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lorenzo Cappellari, 2007. "Earnings mobility among Italian low-paid workers," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 465-482, April.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo, 2001. "Earnings mobility among Italian low paid workers," ISER Working Paper Series 2001-13, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo, 2004. "Earnings Mobility Among Italian Low Paid Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 1068, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Harry J. Holzer & Julia I. Lane & Lars Vilhuber, 2004. "Escaping Low Earnings: The Role of Employer Characteristics and Changes," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(4), pages 560-578, July.
- Dimitris Pavlopoulos & Didier Fouarge & Ruud Muffels & Jeroen K. Vermunt, 2007. "Job Mobility and Wage Mobility of High- and Low-paid Workers," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 47-58.
- Sloane, P. J. & Theodossiou, I., "undated". "An Econometric Analysis of Low Pay Earnings Mobility," Working Papers 98-05, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Sloane, P J & Theodossiou, I, 1996. "Earnings Mobility, Family Income and Low Pay," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 657-666, May.
- José Cabral Vieira, 2005. "Low-wage mobility in the Portuguese labour market," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 4(1), pages 1-14, 04.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute, 1998. "Earnings Inequality in Portugal: High and Rising?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(3), pages 325-343, September.
- Maite Blázquez Cuesta, 2006. "Earnings Mobility and Low-Wage Employment in Spain: The Role of Job Mobility and Contractual Arrangements," LoWER Working Papers wp11, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute, 2006. "Wage mobility: do institutions make a difference?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 387-404, June.
- Lorenzo Cappellari, 1999. "Low-Wage Mobility in the Italian Labour Market," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 531, University of Warwick, Department of Economics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.