Duration of Low Wage Employment: A Study Based on a Survival Model
This paper includes a survival analysis which attempts to explain the duration, as in the number of years a worker remains in a low wage situation. Explanatory variables take into account the characteristics of the employee, such as education, age, tenure with the company, gender and nationality, and the characteristics of the job and the company such as industry affiliation, number of employees, age of the company and location.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cappellari, Lorenzo, 2001.
"Earnings mobility among Italian low paid workers,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2001-13, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Harry J. Holzer & Julia I. Lane & Lars Vilhuber, 2004.
"Escaping low earnings: The role of employer characteristics and changes,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(4), pages 560-578, July.
- Harry J. Holzer & Julia I. Lane & Lars Vilhuber, 2004. "Escaping Low Earnings: The Role of Employer Characteristics and Changes," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(4), pages 560-578, July.
- Sloane, P. J. & Theodossiou, I., . "An Econometric Analysis of Low Pay Earnings Mobility," Working Papers 98-05, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Dimitris Pavlopoulos & Didier Fouarge & Ruud Muffels & Jeroen K. Vermunt, 2007. "Job Mobility and Wage Mobility of High- and Low-paid Workers," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 47-58.
- Stewart, M.B. & Swaffield, J.K., 1997.
"Low Pay Dynamics and Transition Probabilities,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
495, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Lorenzo Cappellari, 1999. "Low-Wage Mobility in the Italian Labour Market," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 531, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sloane, P J & Theodossiou, I, 1996. "Earnings Mobility, Family Income and Low Pay," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 657-66, May.
- Maite Blázquez Cuesta, 2006. "Earnings Mobility and Low-Wage Employment in Spain: The Role of Job Mobility and Contractual Arrangements," LoWER Working Papers wp11, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute, 1998. "Earnings Inequality in Portugal: High and Rising?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(3), pages 325-43, September.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute, 2006. "Wage mobility: do institutions make a difference?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 387-404, June.
- José Cabral Vieira, 2005. "Low-wage mobility in the Portuguese labour market," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-14, 04.
- Stephen Bazen, 2001. "Youth and Earnings Mobility: the Case of France in a comparative Framework," LoWER Working Papers wp3, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.