Extensive vs. Intensive Margin in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2012. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, Second Edition, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rebick, Marcus, 2005. "The Japanese Employment System: Adapting to a New Economic Environment," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247240.
- Lin, Ching-Yang & Miyamoto, Hiroaki, 2012.
"Gross worker flows and unemployment dynamics in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 44-61.
- Ching-Yang Lin & Hiroaki Miyamoto, 2010. "Gross Worker Flows and Unemployment Dynamics in Japan," Working Papers EMS_2010_07, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2008.
"The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 256-262, May.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher A., 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 3315, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0853, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2008. "The ins and outs of European unemployment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3607, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2008. "The ins and outs of European unemployment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3658, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ohanian, Lee E. & Raffo, Andrea, 2012.
"Aggregate hours worked in OECD countries: New measurement and implications for business cycles,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 40-56.
- Lee E. Ohanian & Andrea Raffo, 2011. "Aggregate hours worked in OECD countries: new measurement and implications for business cycles," International Finance Discussion Papers 1039, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lee E. Ohanian & Andrea Raffo, 2011. "Aggregate Hours Worked in OECD Countries: New Measurement and Implications for Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 17420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esteban-Pretel, Julen & Nakajima, Ryo & Tanaka, Ryuichi, 2011.
"Are contingent jobs dead ends or stepping stones to regular jobs? Evidence from a structural estimation,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 513-526, August.
- Julen ESTEBAN-PRETEL & NAKAJIMA Ryo & TANAKA Ryuichi, 2009. "Are Contingent Jobs Dead Ends or Stepping Stones to Regular Jobs? Evidence from a Structural Estimation," Discussion papers 09002, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2009.
"The Cyclicality Of Separation And Job Finding Rates,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 415-430, May.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2007. "The cyclicality of separation and job finding rates," Working Papers 07-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Merkl, Christian & Wesselbaum, Dennis, 2009.
"Extensive vs. intensive margin in Germany and the United States: any differences?,"
Kiel Working Papers
1563, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Merkl, Christian & Wesselbaum, Dennis, 2010. "Extensive vs. Intensive Margin in Germany and the United States: Any Differences?," IZA Discussion Papers 5117, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Miyamoto, Hiroaki, 2011.
"Cyclical behavior of unemployment and job vacancies in Japan,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 214-225.
- Hiroaki Miyamoto, 2009. "Cyclical Behavior of Unemployment and Job Vacancies in Japan," Working Papers EMS_2009_17, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Herzog-Stein & Patrick Nüß, 2016. "Extensive versus intensive margin over the business cycle: New evidence for Germany and the United States," IMK Working Paper 163-2016, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Kato, Ryuta Ray & Miyamoto, Hiroaki, 2013.
"Fiscal stimulus and labor market dynamics in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 33-58.
- Ryuta Ray Kato & Hiroaki Miyamoto, 2012. "Fiscal Stimulus and Labor Market Dynamics in Japan," Working Papers EMS_2012_19, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
More about this item
Keywordsintensive and extensive margins; labor adjustment; Japanese labor market;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-09-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-INT-2012-09-16 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-16 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iuj:wpaper:ems_2012_14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kazumi Imai, Office of Academic Affairs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsiujjp.html .