Peer effects and school design: An analysis of efficiency and equity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Ammermueller & JÃ¶rn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Peer Effects in European Primary Schools: Evidence from the Progress in International Reading Literacy Study," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(3), pages 315-348, July.
- Laura M. Argys & Daniel I. Rees & Dominic J. Brewer, 1996. "Detracking America's schools: Equity at zero cost?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 623-645.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2013.
"Classroom Peer Effects and Student Achievement,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 51-82.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2006. "Classroom Peer Effects and Student Achievement," Working Papers wp2006_02_02, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2008. "Classroom peer effects and student achievement," Working Papers 08-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2011. "Classroom peer effects and student achievement," Public Policy Discussion Paper 11-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2010.
"Peer group effects on the academic performance of Italian students,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(17), pages 2203-2215.
- De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2009. "Peer Group Effects on the Academic Performance of Italian Students," MPRA Paper 18428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adele Atkinson & Simon Burgess & Paul Gregg & Carol Propper & Steven Proud, 2008. "The Impact of Classroom Peer Groups on Pupil GCSE Results," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/187, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Fertig, Michael, 2003.
"Educational Production, Endogenous Peer Group Formation and Class Composition – Evidence from the PISA 2000 Study,"
IZA Discussion Papers
714, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fertig, Michael, 2003. "Educational Production, Endogenous Peer Group Formation and Class Composition - Evidence from the PISA 2000 Study," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 76, Royal Economic Society.
- Giacomo DeGiorgi, 2008.
"Be As Careful Of The Company You Keep As Of The Books You Read. Peer Effects In Education And On The Labor Market,"
07-054, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Giacomo De Giorgi & Michele Pellizzari & Silvia Redaelli, 2009. "Be as Careful of the Company You Keep as of the Books You Read: Peer Effects in Education and on the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 14948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carman, Katherine Grace & Zhang, Lei, 2012. "Classroom peer effects and academic achievement: Evidence from a Chinese middle school," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 223-237.
- Bonesronning, Hans, 2008. "Peer group effects in education production: Is it about congestion," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 328-342, February.
More about this item
KeywordsPeer effects; ability tracking; family background; equality of opportunity; quantile regression.;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-09-16 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2012-09-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-09-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irn:wpaper:12-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sylvain Weber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/irenech.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.