Companies' growth in the EU: What is research and innovation policy's role?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & John Van Reenen, 2004.
"Mapping the Two Faces of R&D: Productivity Growth in a Panel of OECD Industries,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 883-895, November.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & John Van Reenen, 2000. "Mapping the Two Faces of R&D: Productivity Growth in a Panel of OECD Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0458, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Griffith, Rachel & Redding, Stephen J. & Van Reenen, John, 2000. "Mapping The Two Faces Of R&D: Productivity Growth In A Panel Of OECD Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2457, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & John Van Reenen, 2000. "Mapping the two faces of R&D: productivity growth in a panel of OECD industries," IFS Working Papers W00/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Griffith, Rachel & Redding, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2000. "Mapping the two faces of R&D : productivity growth in a panel of OECD industries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 784, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello & Marco Vivarelli & Peter Voigt, 2011.
"Drivers and impacts in the globalization of corporate R&D: an introduction based on the European experience,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 585-603, April.
- Moncada-Paternò-Castello, Pietro & Vivarelli, Marco & Voigt, Peter, 2011. "Drivers and Impacts in the Globalization of Corporate R&D: An Introduction Based on the European Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 5582, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2008.
"Determinants of entrepreneurial engagement levels in Europe and the US,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1113-1145, December.
- Roy Thurik & Isabel Grilo, 2005. "Determinants of entrepreneurial engagement levels in Europe and the US," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-25, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2007. "Determinants of entrepreneurial engagement levels in Europe and the US," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2007-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Moncada-Paternò-Castello, Pietro & Ciupagea, Constantin & Smith, Keith & Tübke, Alexander & Tubbs, Mike, 2010.
"Does Europe perform too little corporate R&D? A comparison of EU and non-EU corporate R&D performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 523-536, May.
- Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello & Constantin Ciupagea & Keith Smith & Alexander Tübke & Mike Tubbs, 2009. "Does Europe perform too little corporate R&D? A comparison of EU and non-EU corporate R&D performance," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2009-11, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Marco Vivarelli & Peter Voigt, 2009. "R&D in SMEs: a paradox?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Erik Stam & Karl Wennberg, 2009. "The roles of R&D in new firm growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 77-89, June.
- Alex Coad & Werner Hölzl, 2012. "Firm Growth: Empirical Analysis," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 24 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- John C. Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & Javier Miranda, 2010. "Who Creates Jobs? Small vs. Large vs. Young," NBER Working Papers 16300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meza, Sergio & Tombak, Mihkel, 2009. "Endogenous location leadership," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 687-707, November.
- George Symeonidis, 1996. "Innovation, Firm Size and Market Structure: Schumpeterian Hypotheses and Some New Themes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 161, OECD Publishing.
- Breschi, Stefano & Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2000. "Technological Regimes and Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 388-410, April.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 2006. "Small and medium-size enterprises: Access to finance as a growth constraint," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2931-2943, November.
- Reinhilde Veugelers & Michele Cincera, 2010.
"Young leading innovators and EUs R&D intensity gap,"
- Michele Cincera & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2010. "Young Leading Innovators and EU’s R&D intensity gap," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2010-07, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Lesley Potters & Peter Voigt, 2009. "R&D-intensive SMEs in Europe: What do we know about them?," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2009-15, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Cédric Schneider & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2010. "On young highly innovative companies: why they matter and how (not) to policy support them," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 969-1007, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriele Pellegrino & Mariacristina Piva, 2014. "Do innovative inputs lead to different innovative outputs in mature and young firms?," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1497, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
More about this item
KeywordsFirm demographics and growth; Small and Medium Enterprises; economic dynamics; corporate research and innovation; EU competitiveness; EU policy.;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-07-27 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-07-27 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2011-07-27 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2011-07-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2011-07-27 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2011-07-27 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipt:wpaper:201103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publication Officer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipjrces.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.