Understanding the effects of early motherhood in Britain: the effects on mothers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kaplan, Greg & Goodman, Alissa & Ian Walker, 2004. "Understanding The Effects Of Early Motherhood In Britain : The Effects On Mothers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 706, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Kaplan, Greg & Goodman, Alissa & Walker, Ian, 2004. "Understanding the Effects of Early Motherhood in Britain: The Effects on Mothers," IZA Discussion Papers 1131, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Saul Hoffman & E. Foster & Frank Furstenberg, 1993. "Reevaluating the costs of teenage childbearing: Response to Geronimus and Korenman," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 30(2), pages 291-296, May.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Susan Williams McElroy & Seth G. Sanders, 2005.
"Teenage Childbearing and Its Life Cycle Consequences: Exploiting a Natural Experiment,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(3).
- V. Joseph Hotz & Susan Williams McElroy & Seth G. Sanders, 1999. "Teenage Childbearing and Its Life Cycle Consequences: Exploiting a Natural Experiment," JCPR Working Papers 157, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Seth G. Sanders & Susan Williams McElroy, 1999. "Teenage Childbearing and Its Life Cycle Consequences: Exploiting a Natural Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Tarja K. Viitanen & Tarja K. Viitanen, 2003.
"The long-run labour market consequences of teenage motherhood in Britain,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 323-343, May.
- Chevalier, Arnaud & Viitanen, Tarja K., 2002. "The long-run labour market consequences of teenage motherhood in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20093, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Tarja K. Viitanen, 2002. "The Long-Run Labour Market Consequences of Teenage Motherhood in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0516, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Daniel Klepinger & Shelly Lundberg & Robert Plotnick, 1999.
"How Does Adolescent Fertility Affect the Human Capital and Wages of Young Women?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(3), pages 421-448.
- D. Klepinger & S. Lundberg & R. Plotnick, "undated". "How Does Adolescent Fertility Affect the Human Capital and Wages of Young Women?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1145-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Bronars, Stephen G & Grogger, Jeff, 1994. "The Economic Consequences of Unwed Motherhood: Using Twin Births as a Natural Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1141-1156, December.
- John V. Pepper & Michael J. Brien & Gregory E. Loya, 2002. "Teenage childbearing and cognitive development," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(3), pages 391-416.
- McClements, L. D., 1977. "Equivalence scales for children," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 191-210, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hupkau, Claudia & Leturcq, Marion, 2017.
"Fertility and mothers’ labor supply: new evidence usingtime-to-conception,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
69045, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Claudia Hupkau & Marion Leturcq, 2017. "Fertility and Mothers' Labor Supply: New Evidence Using Time-to-Conception," CEP Discussion Papers dp1463, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Marco Francesconi, 2008. "Adult Outcomes for Children of Teenage Mothers," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(1), pages 93-117, March.
- Mariana Gerstenblüth & Zuleika Ferre & Máximo Rossi & Patricia Triunfo, 2009. "Impacto de la maternidad adolescente en los logros educativos," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0509, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Trinh Le & Guyonne Kalb & Felix Leung, 2015.
"Outcomes for teenage mothers in the first years after birth,"
Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE),
Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 18(3), pages 255-279.
- Guyonne Kalb & Trinh Le & Felix Leung, 2014. "Outcomes for Teenage Mothers in the First Years after Birth," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2014n06, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2009. "The Causal Effect of Teen Motherhood on Worklessness," Studies in Economics 0917, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Lara Tavares, 2008.
"Who delays childbearing? The relationships between fertility, education and personality traits,"
009, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Tavares, Lara PatrÃcio, 2010. "Who delays childbearing? The relationships between fertility, education and personality traits," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-17, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Zuleika Ferre & Mariana Gerstenblüth & Máximo Rossi & Patricia Triunfo, 2009. "Decisión sobre iniciación sexual: el caso de adolescentes uruguayas," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0409, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Kevin Lang Jr. & Russell Weinstein Jr., 2015.
"The Consequences of Teenage Childbearing before Roe v. Wade,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 169-197, October.
- Kevin Lang & Russell Weinstein, 2013. "The Consequences of Teenage Childbearing Before Roe v Wade," NBER Working Papers 19627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Bingley & Yu Zhu & Ian Walker, 2005. "Education, Work and Wages in the UK," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(3), pages 395-414, August.
- Dylan Kneale & Ruth Lupton, 2010. "Are there neighbourhood effects on teenage parenthood in the UK, and does it matter for policy? A review of theory and evidence," CASE Papers case141, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Adam Ashcraft & Iván Fernández‐Val & Kevin Lang, 2013.
"The Consequences of Teenage Childbearing: Consistent Estimates When Abortion Makes Miscarriage Non‐random,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 123, pages 875-905, September.
- Kevin Lang & Adam Ashcraft, 2010. "The Consequences of Teenage Childbearing: Consistent Estimates When Abortion Makes Miscarriage Nonrandom," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-016, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Rafael Novella & Laura Ripani, 2015. "Are You (Not) Expecting?: The Unforeseen Benefits of Job Training on Teenage Pregnancy," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7366, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-03-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2005-03-13 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2005-03-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ifs:ifsewp:04/20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emma Hyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifsssuk.html .