How Much Do Teachers Earn?
In the continuing debate over how to improve education systems, many people argue that teachers` salaries need to be increased. This paper seeks to establish a reliable method for analyzing the issue using household survey data from Bolivia.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/resEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Verdugo, Richard R. & Schneider, Jeffrey M., 1994. "Gender inequality in female-dominated occupation: The earnings of male and female teachers," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 251-264, September.
- Panagides, Alexis & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & DEC, 1994. "Union - nonunion wage differentials in the developing world : a case study of Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1269, The World Bank.
- Bee, Malcolm & Dolton, Peter, 1995. "The Remuneration of School Teachers: Time Series and Cross-Section Evidence," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 63(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Ransom, Michael R. & Megdal, Sharon Bernstein, 1993. "Sex differences in the academic labor market in the affirmative action era," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 21-43, March.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong Wha, 1996. "International Measures of Schooling Years and Schooling Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 218-23, May.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Valenzuela, Jorge & Arends, Mary, 1996. "Teacher salaries in Latin America: A review," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 401-406, October.
- Kenny, Lawrence W. & Denslow, David Jr., 1980. "Compensating differentials in teachers' salaries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 198-207, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:4122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.